Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#35289 02/27/01 10:35 AM
M
micshe Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We are finally booked to arrive in AC on June 5th! The dilema now is where to stay....(there will be 4 of us)
Has anyone stayed at the White Sands Resort or Caye Villas?
Thanks!!

#35290 02/27/01 11:36 AM
We're arriving on June 9th. Hope to see you there. I can't wait. If you're going with another couple, I'd say go for a small condo. We did, and were so thankful. Some days we just wanted a tuna sandwhich and sit on the beach. Didn't feel like going to a restaurant. I liked relaxing on my patio and going to my own fridge for an ice cold beer. Just watch the world go by. Some of the condos are just as much as a room at a resort. We stayed at Paradise Villas last year (they do have two bedroom units)and we loved it. The pool was lovely and so were the rooms. It was priced well, but we're staying at Seven Seas this year. They had an AWESOME discount price in effect when I reserved our unit. Check it out.
Debbie

#35291 02/27/01 11:54 AM
M
micshe Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Debbie!
That's pretty much what we were thinking too.
We are hoping to find someone to confirm that they are as good as they look on the web!
See you in June...

#35292 02/27/01 12:32 PM
Mische,
Keep up with the board these next few months. I'm on here almost everyday. Don't post everyday, but like to keep up with stuff. As we near our arrival time, we'll share our whereabouts and get together for a drink or a meal. Keep me posted on what you come up with.
Debbie

#35293 02/27/01 01:01 PM
L
L
Just got back from AC. We stayed at the Palms and was very pleased. We did go to the White Sands to take a look and were VERY impressed. These are top quality. Accessable by golf cart or hourly water taxi. The road is still pretty rough since the hurricane but passable. If you want to get away White Sands will be perfect. Not a lot of traffic up north (have to cross the river by hand ferry) but close enough to get to town when you want to. Also close to Sweet Basil, one of the best places to eat on the island! If you would rather be closer to the action, try the Palms. Just a short walk to all the action.

#35294 02/27/01 06:22 PM
M
M
We stayed at Captain Morgan's Retreat which is north of the cut and it was beautiful. They upgraded us to a 1 Bedroom upstairs condo with Palapa Roof and a gorgeous view. There Beach is very nice with tall palms, hammocks, kayaks and they have a nice pool. We liked being more remote but it was also easy to get to town with the water shuttle. Each way was 10 Belize =US$5 per person which can add up but we loved it there. However,the room rates went up since Temptation Island. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a romantic resort.

#35295 02/27/01 07:17 PM
S
S
Micshe, Haven't been yet but will be there Thursday and we are staying at Paradise Villas. If you haven't booked by the time I return I'll post our vacation report shortly after our return. I hate to think about being back, just want to get there!!!

#35296 02/28/01 12:58 AM
B
B
Lances, I am thinking about staying at the Palms when I visit in July. They sent me a brochure and it looks great and the being in town is going to be nice. I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind posting a little more info about the place. Such as, what rooms did you stay in. I think I would like a poolside casita since I enjoy laying by the pool a lot. Did you get a chance to see the casitas? How did they look? Also, did you have any noise problems? I hear it can be noisy there. (I think the airport is nearby) Any info would be great. Thanks.

#35297 02/28/01 10:04 AM
M
micshe Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks everyone! It seems like we could just about book anywhere and not go wrong! I will keep checking in to keep up with any updates....
My husband and I also dive. We were thinking about booking dive trips through Amigos. Any feedback on him or what reefs are not to be missed?

#35298 03/01/01 03:15 AM
K
K
We just got back and loved our stay at Paradis Villas (booked through Nellie Gomez, very helpful manager).
The pool was a must! The condos are modern & clean. We were so pleased that we selected this location. We could walk to all of the restaurants in town easily, and there was a supermarket and bakery very close.
We felt we made the right choice after walking down to the other resorts near Ramones. They aren't as convenient for going into town at nite.
You really don't want to have to take a water taxi or the hourly fairy to the North end of the island. If you're going to stay up there, e.g. Captain Morgan's, just plan on staying there most of the time. It was nice looking and the meals were surprisingly less than Ramons.
So, check out Paradis Villa Condo, with Nellie.
Amigas was very close to Paradis Villas, and we had a good snorkel trip with them (we don't dive). Any of the dive places will probably pick you up at the Paradise Villa dock.
Personally we had the unpleasant experience hearing the obnoxious owner of Hustler Dive Tours. He's the UGLY American Big Time! We didn't want to hear what he had to @#E$!#say, but he was very loud... He was complaining about his staff, so don't know if that means they're good or bad...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.