Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#353200 10/02/09 06:37 PM
OP Offline
Gone snake wrangling in high heels? It's a feat even Jim with the Mutual of Wild Kingdome wouldn't attempt. My adventure in snake "driving" began innocently enough. Got home, got the inside dogs and put them in the back yard to go to the bathroom. I was putting mesquite wood into the grill to light for a steak later when I heard my male dog Rusty barking his fool head off. I thought it was just the squirrel that was in the tree giving him fits, when I decided to look in the back yard. LOW AND BEHOLD there was about 3 ft. snake curled up in the backyard. And it was VERY MUCH ALIVE! My first thought was it was a rattlesnake, but upon a longer inspection of it (while I was screaming at dogs to leave it alone) I decided it was just a little rat/king snake. For those not familiar with king snakes, in my parts of Texas they are considered a "beneficial" snake (if a snake can be considered beneficial if they give you a heart attack) but they DO keep rattlesnakes at bay (even devour them) and also keep the rat/mice population down. Although I don't have much of a rat/mouse problem, but do have the occasional interloper, I decided to do the right/humane thing and try to catch the snake and let it lose in a safer place for all considered. My dogs, the snake, and me�. I was able to grab my minpins up and put them inside. Now, how to go about catching the little booger?? I saw a pail that I grabbed, along with my trusty broom and "herded" it into the pail (Easier than herding cats I tell ya) I had an opening underneath my house that I placed it in and told it "under NO circumstances should it venture out into my yard!
Hopefully it will stay there and keep mice at bay along with the rattlesnakes! But as long as it's not hanging around my back steps in the early/dark mornings, we will get along juuuuusssttt fine!

Take the road less traveled
C
C
We usually just relocate the snakes we find on our property too. We have chickens though, and sometimes the snakes find their way into the chicken area, unfortunately.....We've only killed one snake due to it's obvious diet of chickens......

A new feat!! Catching a snake in high heels!!!! Pictures would make it perfect! You are one amazing lady! wink
Suba, sky diver, cowgirl and now snaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WhoooooooHoooooooooooooooo!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
S
S
Boas are the island 's best...very friendly and docile. Just leave 'em alone and we'll all be fine!

Yay DCG!

Good for you for not killing it. Rat snakes are good. Not so sure about the under the house thing with cooler weather approaching. We used to relocate them out to the pasture or barn. More often than not we just ignored them. Rattlers on the other hand. Bang! I have several really nice skins. The meat is very tasty too.

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
I need more information.....

How high were the heels?

What color?

Can you describe the rest of the outfit?

And how was the snakes eye view wink

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
More importantly - how did the steak turn out?

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
Wow, you got high heels? laugh

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I am going to have to think about this and get back to yall with my retort....

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.