Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#35340 02/28/01 10:37 AM
K
Kelkin Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks to Debbbie,Lan and Mary&Scott for your thoughts...Very helpful! Banana Beach is now at the top of our list...It seems far enough away to afford some tranquility but within bike riding distance to town. It would be great to hear from anyone who has stayed there....or other places suited to family with 2 boys ages 12 and 16. Also how's the wind surfing? Are there any waves?..our boys love to "skim board" which requires small waves and a smooth beach...
We are now focusing on places with pool, kitchen facilties and not too crowded!!!We have to decide in the next 2 days as we have a hold on airfair via Continental..FYI we found best rate through Carolyn at Roatan charter $560. from Wash.D.C.thru Houston. Thanks again for the responses!!! This is a fun way to plan a trip!!!

[This message has been edited by Kelkin (edited 02-28-2001).]

#35341 02/28/01 12:07 PM
Banana Bay will definitely fit the bill. Banyan Bay, just a few steps north, is also VERY nice and has two bedroom units to help with the boys (that would be my decision). Either way you will be fine.

#35342 03/01/01 02:58 AM
K
K
We'd really recommend you check out Paradise Villas condos. It's at the north end of town, convenient to everything (market, bakery, closer to restaurants than those past the airport). It has a nice pool, and we had a unit with a hideabed in living room, separate bedroom, fully equipped kitchen, including blender.
There are NO waves, as the reef offshore prevents that. If they like to body surf, sometime try Hawaii, Baker Beach on Oahu (past Hanama Bay & not crowded).
Nellie Gomez is who we booked our Paradise Villa condo through and she provided excellent service!
You can ask Nellie to get you a case of beer/soda at the local beverage distributor, near the airport.

#35343 03/01/01 11:38 AM
K
Kelkin Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks for the input... Ive been looking at paradise Villas...It does look great. How far is it to town and is it crowded on the beach?

#35344 03/01/01 10:40 PM
M
M
We are looking at Paradise Villas for our next stay on AC in September or October.I do think,though,that they are on the south end of town rather than the north, as we stayed at Seven Seas last September, and they were on the north side of town, near the "cut" and the hand ferry that crosses the river to the north end of the island. Locals or frequent board readers, please correct me if I am wrong. I think that with any of your selections you will not go wrong, however, Debbie and her family stayed at PV last year and were very happy with it. She could help you with more details. She has been a great help to us with trying to plan our fall trip. PV,as I remember from last September during our golf cart trips to town, is in close proximity to town. I would check out the map of town and see what you think (it shows where all the hotels are located). I think it was very close to one of the groceries,which would be good for you. You will have a great time, Belize it!

Mary and Scott
#35345 03/02/01 10:25 AM
Kelkin,
I would be happy to help you with any questions about Paradise Villas. It was a wonderful place, and I thought a very good value for the money. No, the beaches are not crowded at all. The lovely pool looks out over the water. Between the pool and the water is a small gated "beach" with lots of palm trees hanging over. I don't know if the trees are still there since Keith, but it was a wonderful place to read a book. There is a dock to swim off of and pick up your boats for tours. Very convenient. If you rent a golf cart, each unit has a little parking space for your cart just outside your door. Many units have a spacious patio with table and chairs. You can borrow a BBQ pit from the management to cook all that fabulous fish you will catch. The rooms were cheerful and clean, and we had most everything we needed in the kitchen. There is a grocery just a two minute walk from the Villas. It's VERY conveniently located and just a 5 minute walk along the beach to town. I think you'll be happy.
Debbie

#35346 03/02/01 09:21 PM
We just stayed at Paradise Villa's on Tuesday. I would highly recommend staying there. Nellie was very helpful in arranging transportation to and from the airport and confirming our flights back home.

#35347 03/04/01 11:19 AM
K
Kelkin Offline OP
OP Offline
K
OK now Paradise Villas is our top choice and we are getting ready to make our reservation. Any recommendation on which unit? I think we would be happier with a 2 bedroom what do you think? It seems these are individually owned Ive found 2 different sites...do you know of any advantage to go through an owner or should I just contact Nellie? My husband says Im becoming obsessed!!!! and we need to get this trip booked ASAP---I love this message board its agreat way to find out stuff--Im hooked!

#35348 03/04/01 12:40 PM
Kelkin:

We booked Susan Garcia's units, I found these units to be a little cheaper, her e-mail is on her web site. Nellie manages these units also. If you need Susans address let me know I can look it up.

#35349 03/04/01 12:42 PM
Kelkin:

I forgot to mention, we had the 2 bedroom on second floor, we were very pleased with the accomodations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.