Hello all, I have been doing a lot of research online about Belize. My fiance and I booked our flight and will land in Belize City on November 8th and we will be staying for a week. So far we think that we want to stay on Amergris Caye, but here is a list of things that we want to do on our trip:
1. The Blue Hole. Fiance is an experienced diver, but I don't dive. I do snorkel though and would really like to see The Blue Hole.
2. Manatees. I really want to see them in the wild. I see several places advertising this, but worry about the exploitatation of the animals. I was all set to go swimming with the dolphins in Tortola, but when I saw the dismal conditions that the animals were kept in, I couldn't do it.
3. Some type of cave tubing and cave exploration. I have a few anxiety issues, so I imagine I would not be able to handle anything too extreme, but it is definitely something I want to do.
4. Mayan ruins. I want to spend a day exploring some ruins.
5. A few days to just relax on the beach.
Are all of these things doable when one is staying on Ambergris Caye, or should we stay in another location for a few days? Thanks in advane for your help and any recommendations about reasonable tour companies would be greatly appreciated.