Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Troy3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Just posted this question on the board over at the Belize Forums. Copied and pasted here to this one. Fishin' for ideas. Thanks a ton.

HIYA!

I live in Thailand at the moment. I'll be moving to Belize very shortly. (With very little baggage thank you!) Looking for a real budget way to get there. I'm open to inconvenience!

I was thinking I could fly into a nearby country then bus it into Belize. I've looked at flying out of various countries in this region but it all works out to about the same minimum price - around US$1300.

Any ideas floating around out there? I want to go in early November.

It's all a bit overwhelming. Playing with this option and that idea on the internet gets real tiring. So I thought I'd ask a forum where there might be lots of ideas and lots of experience. I haven't yet read the posts on this forum but will do that soon. Just looking at the titles of the threads I didn't see anything that looked relevant so I'm posting this.

I've tried Kayak.com. That was about the best airfare I've found. After seeing nothing less than about $1300 I've set a goal of getting there for about $1000 but realize that may be unrealistic.

I think I posted this question on a forum somewhere else but I sure can't find it. Darn!

Thanks much,
Troy Santos.

C
C
Try going into Cancun.Mexico..airfares much cheaper and then a 5 hour bus trip to Belize..or you can fly to Belize City on Maya Island Air for $100 to $199................

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
Northwest..$1006 one way to Cancun...about $20 via bus to Belize boarder..then $7.00 to Belize City..plus food..plus overnight...........Belize isnt a cheap place..most expensive country in central America...if you cant afford the extra $200 to fly direct you may want to rethink the trip...

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
T
Troy3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your resonses. I did eventually come across an NWA airfare that suits me okay.

Originally Posted by Cooper
Northwest..$1006 one way to Cancun...about $20 via bus to Belize boarder..then $7.00 to Belize City..plus food..plus overnight...........Belize isnt a cheap place..most expensive country in central America...if you cant afford the extra $200 to fly direct you may want to rethink the trip...

Some useful figures in here. I appreciate this. Really. I do wonder the reason for your last sentence though. Boy .... I know what I'm doing. I have enough money. I've been planning this for some time now.

Again, thanks everyone.
Troy Santos.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.