Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The Belize Police Department wishes to inform the general public and in particular the business sector to be on the lookout for counterfeit currency of 20, 50, and 100 dollar bills in US denominations. Persons doing business at night are especially vulnerable and the necessary checks to ascertain the authenticity of the notes is advised.

I
I
A co-worker recently had an incident receiving a counterfeit $10 in change from a business. In the U.S. not Belize. The local police department pointed her to this website for more information on how to spot fake money.
http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/know_your_money.shtml

Last edited by Islenutt; 10/24/09 10:29 AM. Reason: Corrected the link
Fairly recently (in the US), I had a very fake feeling dollar bill that I got as change. I figured it had to be real, since who would counterfeit a dollar? I tried using it in several self-pay machines at grocery stores and it always spit it back. I passed it on as a tip I think. I should have entered it into "Where's George" instead.

Isle, thanks for the website. This is good info (plus buying one of those marker pens that test bills would be a good investment.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.