Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#35616 - 03/06/01 10:28 PM shipping pet from Canada to SP
Kathy in Canada Offline
Has anyone done this? If so, what airline that flies there will allow the pet to go in the cabin. My mom doesn't want to ship her cargo, I don't blame her.

If you have done this, any regrets? How is your pet doing now? Can he/she handle the weather there? What do you do when you travel? Is there a pet sitting service there?

This cat is long hair.

I appreciate anything that is sent my way!

minikitty@compusmart.ab.ca

#35617 - 03/07/01 07:27 PM Re: shipping pet from Canada to SP
Marty Offline
Hi Kathy, here's a couple recent experiences:
======
I've just been through moving animals here. Here's the # for the Belize Central Lab. 011-501-24-5230 "attn: Melissa" to apply for an import permit. Yes the vaccinations are the same. You will need to fax them:
1. importer and exporters name and address
2. animal type, name ,age, sex, and breed
3. Purpose, permanent, temporary
4. finally, zoo, house pet
5. country of origin
6. port of entry
7. by whom the request is made, signature, address, # to fax your permit to.
Then they'll fax you the import permit and the vat requirments. Hope this helps you. It took a couple of days for mine.
====================
Unless things have changed since Nov. of 1999, you don't have to have any special documents for domestic animals....ie: dogs and cats other than current complete vaccination records from a veteranarian and stamped by the USDA.
I took both my cats to the vet....got their vaccines.....the vet filled out a form for both cats.....and then I sent it to the nearest USDA for a stamp including a $16 US fee. The vet can provide you a contact address and telephone# for the USDA office nearest you. The vaccines need to be given within 6 months of your entering Belize.
I drove here from the states and the Mexican officials barely noticed I had 2 cats in a carrier.....let alone checking for documents.
At the border of Belize and Chetumal, They did check the documents....I paid a small fee and they stamped the document....but they never asked to see the cats. Go figure!
================

also, you can ask bronwen (bron67@hotmail.com) from the saga society (http://AmbergrisCaye.com/saga/)

she is a vet and has wide experience in this...

#35618 - 03/09/01 07:10 AM Re: shipping pet from Canada to SP
frantzrickcheri@email.msn Offline
I'll reply from my e-mail address, but I can't see any potential probs really.
See Ya Bron

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.