Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Joe Jr Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We have 12 hours to add another 3 days to our trip (change return flight) and after spending a week on Ambergris Caye we want to see the inland, jungle, ruins, monkeyriver e.t.c. We are considering Placenta the inn @ Roberts Grove. We are looking for a perfect homebase to see as much wildlife and nature as possible in 3 days, dont want to take away from our Ambergris experience. We want to enjoys the island as much as much as possible without interuption. Any and all suggestions will be GGGGGGRRRRRREEEEEAAAAAATTTTTTLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY appreciated!IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS! Thanx!
~Joe and Lauren

M
M
Joe- post your ? in the "general chat area"- they will have the best advice. From me- you're nuts if you don't extend the trip.

M
M
also- check out Jaguar Paw resort- lots of monkey's and rainforest and such, don't have the URL- search it!!!

M
M
Joe Jr.--We would say..go for it,however we know little about Placentia. We did look at Robert's Grove on the web site, cause we were thinking about staying on the island, but we would just miss the "town" aspect of AC..not sure if Placentia has as much to offer in the way AC does. In your case, you would have the best of both! I'm sure others on the board can advise you. Have a great trip! Have you decided where you are staying on AC?

Mary and Scott
M
M
Just remembered that you are staying at Mata Chica, sorry! Ignore that part of our earlier post!

Mary and Scott
Inn at Robert's Grove is excellent. We rate it the # 1 beach resort on the mainland. However, if your main interest is seeing wildlife after a week on Ambergris, I'd recommend you stay inland, probably in Cayo district (great places include Blancaneaux, Chaa Creek, duPlooy's, Mopan River Resort, Banana Bank and Jaguar Paw) or possibly in Orange Walk district (Chan Chich or Lamanai Outpost). Chan Chich is probably the # 1 lodge in terms of birding and wildlife spotting opportunities.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i stayed in cayo several years ago, had a wonderful time. 3 days isnt enough!!! is is wildlife you are after, or adventure?

J
Joe Jr Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We are looking for both, as much as possible in 3 days!
~Thanx
~Joe and Lauren

K
K
Hi,
I hope you extended that trip. I always recommend to spend a few nights in the jungle. There are many wonderful places to stay. I like Banana Bank because of several reasons: located in the jungle so you hear the jungle sounds at night; thatched roof cabanas; wildlife on site-jaguar, scarlet macaws, toucans, monkey; great horseriding in the jungle; telescope to star and planet gaze at night; Carolyn and John are the owners- Carolyn is an artist and has a gallery on site; John is a character and will entertain you with colorful stories during meal times. Good location for Ian's fabulous river cave trip- a must, exploring ruins, canoe trips down the river, zoo... If you haven't made a decision yet, feel free to email me for more info at [email protected]
Wherever you stay, I think you will be glad you had the jungle experience.

Karen Pasquariello

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.