Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Anyone who is interested in an economical vacation in San Pedro should read this review.

http://[#%!].com/post/229529376/a-detailed-review-of-pedros-inn

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
here's someone else's opinion..... from TripAdvisor

==========================
"The rooms are either mini saunas or paper mental homes"

Pedro's Hotel

Rating: 1 out of 5

voluntarytraveller
Belize City
Jun 19, 2009 | Trip type: Couples

There's no food or drink until 4pm...but if you like listening to the owner shout at everyone angrily for no apparent reason...hang out by the pool...there's no kitchen here, so it's not a backpackers haven, more of a cheap badly constructed, low budget and low quality hotel with an angry explosive owner who smiles sweetly at first and pretends to be charming by swearing.

As long as you have something to offer the owner to finish his hotel which lies half completed, he'll be happy to give you a room free, then take back his word and shout at you in public for no reason but to boost his own lack of self confidence and bad judgement. (I witnessed him do this to 3 people in 2 weeks & he got ALOT for free!!!)

This guy is happy to shout at everyone for everything and with no apparent reason.

If you relax around the dipping pool, you'll find internet access...but only one umbrella for shade..this sums up the place in one hit...they like to offer a service, without the essentials...so just be happy not to complain about anything that doesn't work or isn't available, as the owner will shout at you and make out you are the one causing the fuss!

My ratings for this hotel
Value Rating: 2 out of 5
Rooms Rating: 2 out of 5
Location Rating: 1 out of 5
Cleanliness Rating: 5 out of 5
Service Rating: 1 out of 5

Date of stay June 2009
Visit was for Leisure
Traveled with With Spouse/Partner
Age group 35_49
Member since June 19, 2009
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend? No

I had some friends stay there once and they were sleeping on my doorstep the next morning.

never recommended it again after listening to what they went thru. very similar to the review above. not pleasant.

OP Offline
I checked TripAdvisor for that negative review Marty and can't find it. Can you please provide a link? The majority of reviews are pretty good. Like anything else, you get what you pay for. Thanks.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
B
B
never stayed there, but I know of no place more fun to go to for an evening on the town, great pizza, cold beer, and usually quite a cast of interesting characters. Maybe not a great innkeeper, don't know either way, but IMHO an excellent pizza joint and place to waste an evening.

Heard he had been kicked off this message board, don't know why or by whom.

long time abuse of many people and businesses. was warned many many times. many folks won't even go to fundraisers in his place cause he has angered so many folks with his BS.

he's burned a lot of bridges. he was just BRUTAL with my kids' friends. he had no idea they were my kids friends either.

ain't going to go back and look for it moose. read it months ago.

I understand that there is now an "honour" bar set up in the office I also think I saw more than one umbrella by the pool. So I would surmise that somebody in management listens to the complaints. I haven't heard the landlord shouting at people lately but I have only been there for the past 2 fundraisers when perhaps he is on his best behavior.

Love him or hate him - its just another gringo in Belize.

For those folks who say i am a hypocrite for saying i hate trip advisor then quoting them.....

even a dead clock is right twice a day.....

It does seem inconsistant of you Marty. Why would you even look there for a bad review to post? I know you and Peter are far from buddies, but it seems like you are reaching for anything to burn him with, and yes, it's your board, so you can do so if you want. Still, it does go to credibility.

Your quote, "i couldn't agree more. tripadvisor is awful. a bad joke."

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.
B
B
so on tripadvisor

there are near 90 reviews and 90% positive, and you quote one of the 4 or 5 negative reviews? that is not even there anymore?

or I may just be stupid and can't find it!

am new and all so I have no context, from the outside looking in, don't sound right

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.