If you have to leave for business or medical reasons, you can get an exemption to the 1 year requirement. Also, since a lot of countries just scan your passport, you need to keep your airline receipts so you can prove that you where here the whole time. You won't have the stamps in your passport to prove when you arrived and left. Been there and done that.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE
This program is for persons who have resided in Belize for one year and have not left the country for more than 14 days at any one time. If you have left the country for more than permitted, the application will not be accepted, and you will need to start the process over.
Documents and Application
1. Application Form
2. Passport Copy of all Pages along with Original Passport
3. 3 Recent Passport Photographs
4. Authentic/Original Police Record in Belize for applicant, wife and children 16 years and older.
5. Medical Examination (Get Form) including original HIV and VDRL Test Results (Must be done in Belize)
6. Birth Certificate (Original and Copy)
7. Marriage Certificate (Original and Copy)
8. Current Work Permit (Original and Copy)
9. Recent Belize Income Tax Return (Personal and Company)
10. Sworn Declaration of Support of Wife/Husband and children
11. If Husband or wife and children are to be included, they will require # 2 - 6.
Other documents required
12. Monthly Returns to Sales Tax, Business Tax and Social Security
13. List of Company's Assets and Monthly Expenses
14. Recent Business/Personal Bank Statements
15. Employee Information Sheet
16. Recent Business Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statements
17. Company Documents and recently filed Annual Report
18. Evidence you & your family are legally in the country, by proof of extended time of stay or other documentation.
19. Title of Land or Lease of Land Property (if applicable)
20. Photocopies with Original Documents (Originals will be returned)
Meet twice with an Immigration Officer for the Application Interview
All family members must attend the interviews
All documents must be completed before applying
You must not leave the country for more than 14 days
Your company must be operating in Belize
Application Processing Fees BZ $ 3,000.00
Estimated Out of Pocket Expenses / Miscellaneous,
Including trips to Belmopan, telephone, fax, e-mail, photocopy, postage stamp, courier and other office supplies BZ $ 400.00
Sales Tax ( 9% of $3,400.00) BZ $ 306.00
TOTAL DUE BZ $ 3,706.00
Government Fees to be paid depends on Applicants Nationality BZ $1,250 - 3,000
Plus Cost of Permanent Residence Card BZ $125.00 per person
"Just another Day in Paradise"