Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#356757 11/03/09 12:55 AM
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Contracts not renewed for BTB execs.

[Linked Image] Turning to the tourism industry, major changes are expected to take place at the Belize Tourism Board. It involves the replacement of the Executive Director, Tracy Taegar, who has held that top post for a more than ten years and Evan Tillett, as Director of Finance. Both Teagar and Tillett were informed today that their contracts which expire at the end of the year will in fact not be renewed. They are both expected to proceed on vacation immediately which will carry them through the end of their contract on December thirty-first. The reason for the non-renewal has not been specified, but sources in the industry say that Taegar was not seeing eye to eye with some the hierarchy in the Ministry of Tourism. Taeger was unavailable this evening for comment.

http://www.channel5belize.com/archive_detail_story.php?story_id=25720

Originally Posted by Tracy Panton
November 2nd, 2009
Dear Industry Partners:

I have been advised by the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Belize Tourism Board that come December 31st, 2009 my employment contract will not be renewed. I have acknowledged the Board's decision on this matter and have expressed my sincere gratitude for the opportunity that has been afforded me over the past twelve years to serve the Government and People of Belize in the capacity of Director of Tourism.

I take this opportunity to thank all of you: tourism stakeholders, industry partners, colleagues, BTB's Management Team and Staff for your support, guidance, constructive criticism and more importantly, your friendship during my tenure. Please be assured that my commitment and dedication to this industry has been motivated purely by my love for Belize and passion for tourism.

I stand ready to assist the Board through December 31st, 2009 with a smooth transition process as the Board deems appropriate. I am mindful that this industry has the potential to change the economic landscape of Belize and; therefore, should be treated with the highest level of respect and regard.

The past twelve years has given me an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. I feel privileged and humbled to have had the opportunity to serve both my country and countrymen in this way. -edit personal information-

May God continue to bless Belize and all those who have committed their life to public service. I will not say good-bye but until we meet again.

With friendship,
Tracy Panton

cc: Honorable Manuel Heredia, Minister of Tourism, Civil Aviation and Culture Mr. Gaspar Guerrero, Chairman, BTB Board of Directors
Members, BTB Board of Directors

Live and let live
Maybe they are making room for a new position for Shyne and Jay-Z?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Oops and Pedro . . never should have left him out, what was I thinking?!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

P
P
I wonder who made the decision that they should go. And why.

Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by BTB
Belize Tourism Board Announces End of Director's 12-Year Term

Belize City, Belize - November 4, 2009
- The Belize Tourism Board (BTB) recently announced that as of December 31, 2009, Director of Tourism Mrs. Tracy Panton will be leaving her post after a 12-year tenure.

Serving as the BTB's Director, Mrs. Panton helped to heighten global awareness of Belize as one of the most coveted eco-adventure destinations on the planet. Under Tracy's leadership, tourism has and continues to evolve into one of the newest and fastest growing industries in Belize. "I am sincerely grateful for the opportunity that has been afforded me to serve the government and people of Belize in the capacity of Director of Tourism," commented Panton. "I take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support, guidance and most importantly, friendship during my tenure."

Mrs. Panton has demonstrated a strong commitment and dedication to the industry, and stands ready to support the BTB through the end of her term. Additional details about Mrs. Panton's successor will be announced at a later date.

About Belize
As one of the last unspoiled places on earth, Belize offers travelers the richly rewarding authenticity they seek in a Caribbean getaway. With direct flights from the U.S. and Canada, this tropical paradise is nestled between Mexico to the north and Guatemala to the west and south. For generations, the English-speaking people of Belize have demonstrated a commitment to preserving the country's unique charms. Belize offers a land rich in natural beauty and steep in the history and culture of its Maya past. Renowned for having the second largest barrier reef in the world, Belize's pristine waters, exotic marine and wildlife, lush unspoiled landscapes and superb diving truly make it Mother Nature's Best Kept Secret. For more information on how you can be one with Belize, visit www.travelbelize.org.

Live and let live

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (Marty), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.