Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#357649 11/11/09 09:17 PM
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Since getting my point and shoot digital over 5 years ago, I have rarely actually printed out any photos. I usually burn them on a CD and then play them as a slide show through TV/DVD player. Works great.

I find I am wanting to post photos on the web lately, which, to save space, it's better that they are of a lower resolution.

So, does anyone shoot at a lower resolution versus the highest that your camera will take?

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Why would you not want to shoot for highest res??? You can always resize smaller for web, email etc. Nothing worse than deciding to print something in a larger form only to find it doesnt hold up.

Part of the $ you spent on the camera was for quality, why not use it?

As for resizing for the web, post them to a site like Photobucket first where all the hard work will be done for you and even create the image tags for you.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Buttaman. I haven't used sites like Photobucket - much easier than fiddling with photos myself.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Gela,
Photobucket http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/elbertgreer/
gives your storage but also provides address that you can use to display your photo at various sites.
Take a look at Live Journal http://yobubba.livejournal.com/
all the photos there are supported by photobucket. You simply paste the address of the photo from Photobucket in the window.
live journal is free and it cost them nothing because the photo is actually at photobucket.
i never manipulate the photo using photobuckets software I just use them for storage and addresses.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
shoot at the highest res possible and consider that file as your 'negative'. save it however you want so it's always there when you need it.

Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to you all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.