Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
susan t Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Does anyone know what is going on with Caribe Island Resort? We have reservations there starting Dec. 5. The web site is gone and they don't answer the phone. We were contacted by a gentleman who stated he was going to send us an e-mail so that we could pay off our balance, but he didn't send me anything and I traced his phone number to a mortagage company in Oregon! Are thay out of business? Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

I sent you a PM. Check under My Stuff in the toolbar.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
Hey Moose, how about filling in the rest of us too?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

It's OK Moose, you get thrown off this Board! Come Clean!! grin

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
A number of the condo units are up for sale, at what would normally appear to be bargain basement deals for condos on AC. Curiouser and curiouser ...sort of.

Pedro says its closed, just read it from the other board.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
S
susan t Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Here is what I just found out. I saw an ad on VRBO for a Caribe Island Condo and I contacted the owner. He told me that they are between management companies right now and they don't have a license. He said the old company was stealing from the owners and that I probably won't get my $200 deposit back. I guess I'll see what my Visa card has to say about that. He is still renting a condo there through VRBO, but I am going to look elsewhere obviously! We have never been to Belize and are a little nervous about finding a new place to stay but we already bought the airline tix so......
susan t.

Don't be nervous susan t. It is indeed unfortunate that you made a wrong pick for your accommodations first time out of the gate, but if you tell us here what you'd really like in accommodations, then we'll be able to help you with your second choice.

And then trust us, you will have a wonderful time and never look back on this bad experience.

T
T
Susan,

We stayed at Ramon's Village on one of our visits.
It was excellent, great service, friendly people and everything you need.
I don't know what your budget is?
Here is the web site; http://www.ramons.com/

Good luck and no worries.

Ramon's has great ambiance, but it's too pricey for what you get, IMO.

Considering that susan t had already booked Caribe Island, I don't think she's looking in the Ramon's range. But we can still recommend some great accommodations once we have a better sense of whether or not, they really wanted to be far from town, if they really wanted a restaurant on site, or if they could deal with no restaurant on site, because there are so many great places to go on the island! Shall we assume that they want a pool, because there's a pool at Caribe Island? Shall we assume that they want a kitchenette because that is what the units at Caribe Island offer? etc. etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.