Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#35866 - 03/11/01 12:16 AM The Palms
John N Offline
Have reservations at the Palms for first week in July. They don't maintain a current website but I hear it is a fine place. Who has any experiences with the Palms?

#35867 - 03/11/01 01:17 AM Re: The Palms
Fishermac Offline
I stasyed therte last march and will be returning the the palms the 30th of march. Great place, nice people great location everything u wioll ever need

#35868 - 03/11/01 02:44 AM Re: The Palms
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
We get almost nothing but positive comments about The Palms at Belize First magazine, and I rarely see anything but praise for it on the Internet.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

#35869 - 03/12/01 08:03 PM Re: The Palms
lances Offline
We stayed at the Palms Feb 17 thru 24 and loved it. You do have to put up with some inconvience now because the owner of the lot behind the Palms is doing some construction and you can't get to the Palms from the street in back directly. You have to go thru a narrow walkway next to the Belizean Reef. A real pain if you are carrying your own baggage. The only access if from the beach.
The were just completing work on the upper floors and had a few minor glitches (no mirror in the loft bath, etc.) but nothing serious. The people were very helpful and we had a marvelous stay. Other than the access problem.....

#35870 - 03/13/01 08:43 PM Re: The Palms
maryM Offline
My husband and I have stayed at the Palms 3 times in the past 4 years. Last trip was during H Keith. Have stayed in 1bdrm + den, 2bdrm, and the Cassita. Cassita is my favorite. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful - will book trips and call distributor for belikins. During Hurricane, they kept us well informed and were extremely generous to the locals. Since it is directly next to Ramon's - you can use their beach which is one of the best. The Palms is my second home.

#35871 - 03/14/01 04:33 AM Re: The Palms
Scott Offline
My family stayed at The Palms last summer and loved it. We had a third floor 2/bdrm and it's perfect for two couples or family. One bdrm is up and the master down so everyone has their privacy. The view from the top floor is wonderful, too. Staff got us fishing guides, booked a trip to the mainland and did a great job for the whole week. Be sure to snorkel at Hol Chan or you will miss out on a great time!

#35872 - 03/15/01 02:41 PM Re: The Palms
SBW Offline
Is "The Palms" on AC..the same as "The Palms Condominium"?...a group of high school kids are coming down to spend a week near Belize City helping to build a home with the local Habitat for Humanity chapter. After the week working they will go out to AC for a few days of R&R,23&24 March, before returning home. They are supposed to be staying at a place called the Palms Condominiums...but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there might be several lodging spots with "Palms" in their name...
TIA

[This message has been edited by SBW (edited 03-15-2001).]

#35873 - 03/17/01 05:51 AM Re: The Palms
Scott Offline
TIA...

When people refer to "The Palms" on Ambergris Caye, it is The Palms comdominiums they are referring to. It is a relatively small building, tho, with (I believe) 6 or 7 units. It is a GREAT place to stay and should serve the students perfectly.

Scott

#35874 - 03/17/01 08:27 PM Re: The Palms
rohrig Offline
TIA-
IF YOU ARE AT THE PALMS ON MARCH 23-24 I WILL BE NEXT DOOR IN THE BELIZEAN REEF. EMAIL AT RROHRIG@HAUSSER.COM

#35875 - 03/17/01 09:28 PM Re: The Palms
SBW Offline
Thanks for the replies...I won't be there but my 2 sons will...Miles and Jesse...
TIA...= thanks in advance....
I'll contact the Palms and leave them an e- mail....they are probably having to0 much fun to think much about us ....so I'll send the E-mail in their dogs name ,Nina as if it where from her....I know they miss their dog....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,016 Topics
462,196 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.