Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#359787 - 12/02/09 07:22 PM Illegal Parking Notice
Marty Online   happy
Press Release-San Pedro Town Council- December 2, 2009-The San Pedro Traffic Department advises the general public that it is illegal to leave parked vehicles on the streets after working hours. It does not only obstruct the proper maintenance of the streets, but it is a major condition for obtaining a vehicle permit to have parking within your property. A survey will be carried out soon and warnings will be placed on vehicles parked illegally. Follow up inspections will result in tickets being issued and repetitive offenders will lead to cancellation of vehicle permits. All streets are being considered.

#359792 - 12/02/09 08:02 PM Re: Illegal Parking Notice [Re: Marty]
seashell Offline
? Where will the tourists park their golf carts whilst out and about enjoying the restaurants and clubs?
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#359794 - 12/02/09 08:09 PM Re: Illegal Parking Notice [Re: seashell]
SimonB Offline
Define working hours, what if you work the night shift?

#359805 - 12/02/09 08:19 PM Re: Illegal Parking Notice [Re: SimonB]
seashell Offline
That too!!
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#359808 - 12/02/09 08:54 PM Re: Illegal Parking Notice [Re: seashell]
beachbumin Offline
This should be interesting. I am sure common sense will prevail.......

#359809 - 12/02/09 08:57 PM Re: Illegal Parking Notice [Re: beachbumin]
SP Daily Offline
heh heh...

#359827 - 12/03/09 06:56 AM Re: Illegal Parking Notice [Re: SP Daily]
Amanda Syme Offline
Tourists tend to have rental golf carts - pretty easy to distinguish. The ticket patrol will probably be roaming around 4 am so most people will have been home by then.

This is something that should be done - congestion is getting crazy in this town. I wish you could pay to have a parking slot from 9am - 5pm.

#359831 - 12/03/09 08:35 AM Re: Illegal Parking Notice [Re: Amanda Syme]
Barnacle Offline
",,,congestion is getting crazy in this town."

what you need to do is try to attract thousands and thousands more people! seems to be the popular answer.

#359834 - 12/03/09 08:46 AM Re: Illegal Parking Notice [Re: Barnacle]
ron Offline
Parking meters would provide a good revenue stream. there are many communities in the States that are getting rid of their meters so you might get a good deal on used ones.

#359838 - 12/03/09 08:52 AM Re: Illegal Parking Notice [Re: ron]
shuffles Offline
I can't imagine that the gift shops and restaurants in town would like this much....if "working" hours end at 5:00 pm where does one park to eat at El Patio? Wild Mangoe's? Elvi's Kitchen?

I am shocked when I see traffic police anywhere except for a roadblock here and there at any time after 5:00 pm. They are seriously going to be out at 4 in the morning?
Change your Latitude

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (ftimmy, Marty, 2 invisible), 85 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,696 Topics
461,205 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.