Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#36071 - 03/15/01 04:17 AM Help us choose!
Mary and Scott Offline
Need your input! Stayed at Seven Seas last September, but want to stay South of town, in an oceanfront room, with kitchen facilities(microwave,stove,fridge),a pool (hopefully oceanfront with a good breeze), and fully air-conditioned(not just the bedroom).We will be renting a golf cart for the week as Scott just had a hip replacement 2 weeks ago and won't be up to long walks, so distance is not that big of a problem. Would like a restaurant and bar on the premises if possible, but will eat in town a lot. Choices so far...Playador, Paradise Villas and Sunset Beach.Our initial e-mail sent to Playador was returned and we tried again and so far it has not come back. Any feedback is very welcome! You guys on the board are the best information source ever and we welcom your responses! Any other suggestions are very welcome. Thanks as always, and we are also counting the many days until we get back to AC!

#36072 - 03/15/01 05:33 PM Re: Help us choose!
Suew Offline
Check out Banana Beach at www.ambergris-seaside-realestate.com The units are fully air conditioned, furnished, equipped with nice kitchens, beachfront avail and they have a nice big pool. No on-site restaurant, but right next door at Tropica is a decent one for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or drinks!

[This message has been edited by Suew (edited 03-15-2001).]

#36073 - 03/15/01 06:34 PM Re: Help us choose!
CHOOCHOO Offline
That or Banyan Bay a few doors north of Banana would fit the bill Banyan Bay will be more $$ but has in my opinion a little more attractive layout. Either one would be great.

#36074 - 03/15/01 08:18 PM Re: Help us choose!
BC Offline
8 OF US RENTED TWO, TWO BEDROOM CONDOS AT
PARADISE VILLAS FROM NEIL GOMEZ LAST CHRISTMAS AND WERE VERY, VERY PLEASED WITH OUR CHOICE. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

#36075 - 03/15/01 09:04 PM Re: Help us choose!
Anonymous
banyan bay is $$$. i checked it out , 2 br is $235/day, and no 1 br's. a little high. VERY pretty, tho. try caribbean villas, or banana beach, or the palms. i am looking into the palms. i was quoted $118/nite +12% tax for 1br condo with AC & tv.

#36076 - 03/16/01 01:42 AM Re: Help us choose!
Sunkissed Offline
Just returned from Paradise Villas and as BC said "very, very nice". Nellie Gomez is a wonderful hostess and will take care of many things for you if you just ask. The only air conditioner though is in the bedroom. Although, in the 9 days we were there we never needed to use it. Always had a nice breeze blowing through the apartment if you leave all windows open. I was very happy and satisfied with the apartment and the placement of it from town, which is not far at all. Good luck with your decision.

[This message has been edited by Sunkissed (edited 03-15-2001).]

#36077 - 03/16/01 02:52 AM Re: Help us choose!
helmsman Offline
Banana Beach has 4 ocean front, ground floor units that are also just steps from the pool.Rooms are air conditioned but when we were there in january the breeze was all we needed to keep our unit comfortable. Tim and staff are very helpful and the housekeeping crew did an outstanding job of keeping the place neat, clean (tough to do with our 5 yr old tracking sand, shells and all sorts of beach treasures in to the room.)Trip to town was easy, either by cart or taxi.

#36078 - 03/16/01 03:21 AM Re: Help us choose!
Mary and Scott Offline
Helsman...does the pool at the Banana Beach get a good ocean breeze? We stayed at Seven Seas last year and the pool was in the back, nice but got NO BREEZE! It was hot back there! Since we love a pool, this is a big deal for us. Thanks!

#36079 - 03/16/01 05:43 AM Re: Help us choose!
JohnT Offline
Mary and Scott,
My wife and I stayed at Banana Beach in January of this year and really enjoyed our stay. The pool is a inside the courtyard formed by the building. There is a walkway to the beach but I couldn't say that it was very breezy. I would strongly recommend the beach - in my opinion it is one of the best on the south end and has great access to the ocean for wading/swimming. We plan to return to Banana Beach in July.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (dabunk, IGAmel), 45 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,075 Topics
462,351 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.