Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#361808 - 12/17/09 07:18 AM A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers
divingcowgirl Offline
June 16, 2006. I was scouring the internet for information on Belize, when I ran across a seemingly innocent web page by the name of Ambergriscaye.com. I looked through the various links that were there then happened to click on the message board link………… Who would have ever known the possibilities that lay ahead? Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but that day, three and a half years ago, a transformation was about to take place that I would have never guessed could happen in MY lifetime. I will spare the boring details. (And after 9 trips down there, there have not been MANY boring details.. but I digress)
I am truly amazed at the friendships I have formed with various people from around the globe. And when I chose to return to school, I was even more surprised at the outpouring of support and guidance from my friends and allies. I would like to thank each and every one of you who helped me with questions, offered encouragement or just listened to me whine…
After much hair-pulling (of my own, not on the board, although it came close a time or two) late nights driving to and from school, late nights studying and just plain old south Texas stubbornness, I am MORE than happy to announce……………
I DID IT!!! I will take my last class on February 18th. I walk the stage on February 13th in San Antonio, Texas with Suma cum Laude. For someone who first thought this was not possible (me) I somehow found the strength and support to get it done. Yes, there were a few who were extremely helpful in this endeavor,( which they will have a surprise waiting for them when I see them in February) but I just wanted to extend a “thank you” to all who wished me luck or even said a prayer for me.
What I have found with the ACMB is a wealth of friendship, comrade, knowledge, help and love that even the most stone hearted will admit to. (although they will have to be held underwater, hit with a nine iron or denied Belikin for the rest of their natural born days) While we may act like everyone’s dysfunctional family on our best days and enemies on our worst, we still share a love for an island off the coast of Belize called Ambergris Caye.

#361812 - 12/17/09 01:37 PM Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers [Re: divingcowgirl]
RMT Offline
Congratulations to you DCG!!!
You must be so thrilled with your accomplishments. Best of luck and I am sure this trip in February will be extra sweet for you. Continued good luck...Rhonda

#361814 - 12/17/09 01:54 PM Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers [Re: RMT]
Otteralum Offline
Start preparing your liver now -- that's all I have to say. smile

#361817 - 12/17/09 02:52 PM Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers [Re: Otteralum]
LaurieMar Offline
Dedication, determination and desire (the "3 D's) are at it again! I remember those days long ago - the worst part for me was not being able to travel because of classes, studying, repeat for 8 years. So worth it....

Congrats on your accomplishment and have fun in February!

#361818 - 12/17/09 02:52 PM Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers [Re: Otteralum]
seashell Offline
Congrats girl! What an accomplishment!! Fantastic.

#361821 - 12/17/09 03:00 PM Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers [Re: divingcowgirl]
azbob Offline
Lydia, what a great accomplishment. You deserve it for all your hard work. Here is a big:
WOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

DAMN, NOW I OWE YOU MORE BEER!

You better jump the first day you are there, because after that someone will have to pour you out of the plane!!!!!

#361828 - 12/17/09 03:32 PM Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers [Re: azbob]
Bobber Offline
And another congratulations to you. Someday, somewhere, we WILL share a beer or two. Or maybe, after you land a great job, a martini might be more to your tastes. laugh

Set your sights high, and don't be afraid. Life takes you in strange directions, but every little nudge you give it in the right direction can have wondrous effects.

#361833 - 12/17/09 03:48 PM Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers [Re: Bobber]
captjeff Offline
CONGRATS ,TO YOU ...LOTS OF PEOPLE TALK THE THE ,TALK ,BUT FEW GET TO WALK THE WALK ..I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU..
XOXOXOXO HAVE A LIVING THE DREAM WALK...LOVE YAAAAAA.

#361846 - 12/17/09 05:57 PM Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers [Re: captjeff]
Islenutt Offline
Congratulations!!! See you in Feb. smile

#361853 - 12/17/09 06:38 PM Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers [Re: Islenutt]
ckocian Offline
DCG, I conversed with you via message board about your first trip. I live in San Antonio. And I was a late bloomer as well in terms of an undergrad degree. I know how good it feels to have that tucked under your belt. Many congrats and enjoy!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 70 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.