Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36204 - 03/17/01 05:44 AM ?'s for upcoming visit
fruitcake Offline
Hello all,
I could use your advise on place to stay.
Would be nice to be secluded, nice pool, dive shop and casita type room. Also like good tour guide for ruins/jungle trips. Any and all recommedations helpful.
many thanks,
L. in Texas
aka fruitcake (huge Buffett fan)

[This message has been edited by fruitcake (edited 03-17-2001).]

#36205 - 03/17/01 08:23 PM Re: ?'s for upcoming visit
rohrig Offline
ARE YOU STAYING IN SAN PEDRO? I COULD GIVE A FEW RECOMMENDATIONS LIKE FOOD LODGING-EMAIL RROHRIG@HAUSSER.COM

#36206 - 03/18/01 01:32 AM Re: ?'s for upcoming visit
fruitcake Offline
Planning on spending most time on AC. Have done some research and think Victoria House, Mata Chica or Journey's End may fit the needs.
-L

#36207 - 03/18/01 05:39 AM Re: ?'s for upcoming visit
Anonymous
I STAYED oops at journeys end last year. ask me what ya want to know. my experienmce is the caasita rooms to be comfortable but small, clean, but not as clean as i would have liked. the grounds are very pretty and the staff very friendly & helpful. the dive shop was also very good. the food very good but pricey. gorgeous beach, great array of seabirds. free kayaks. pool was too warm in august. skeeters in august too. nice seclusion. i sat on that beach, alone, for hours & hours

#36208 - 03/18/01 05:59 AM Re: ?'s for upcoming visit
Anonymous
oh, (ss will shoot me!) you can see JE beach photos, remember - they are pre-hurricane keith - at:
http://ambergriscaye.com/jane

#36209 - 03/22/01 04:58 AM Re: ?'s for upcoming visit
fruitcake Offline
Thanks, We arrive April 5th and staying at Journey's End. I think we got a good deal and can't wait to dive and kayak and just enjoy the AC experience. I intend to give a trip report once we return. If any of you will be there that week, let me know and I'll meet you for a Belikin.
-L in Tejas

#36210 - 03/23/01 04:35 AM Re: ?'s for upcoming visit
Ralph Offline
Hey fruitcake...we'll be landing the day you're leaving...also going to JER. What are you doing about the tours?

#36211 - 03/24/01 05:44 AM Re: ?'s for upcoming visit
fruitcake Offline
Ralph, I had Jonathan at JER arrange dives and the Manatee Safari, We are primarily diving but wanted to experience more of Belize. Jonathan said thier guide Jose would be able to lead us on Cave Tube or Ruin trip as well. Again, I AM PSYCHED!!

#36212 - 03/24/01 06:12 AM Re: ?'s for upcoming visit
fruitcake Offline
Thanks Jane, I loved the pics. I just received shots from last week,but don't know how to post. Jonathan sent a shot of my cabana, beach and dive shop. It looks great. I have these pics. Anyone know how I paste to post?
Also, just bought a digital cam and plan on burning up the super highway.
-L

#36213 - 03/24/01 07:56 AM Re: ?'s for upcoming visit
Anonymous
i sent mine to marty & his son scanned them in for me. he can help you, maybe? i was in cabana 8. tell jonathan that jane the pain in the ass from pennsylvania says hi. pretty sure he'll remember me!

and sit in my favorite lounge chair, look up at the frigate birds and think of me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.