Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
K
A question to those who've dealt with this most.

Is it better to tell them you've already been invited, or that you already own property? I'm leaning to the latter (since we just bought there) even though I was told the first works well.

N
N
When we stayed at Del Rio we were hounded by salesmen every time we left the property (and usually the same guys on a cart). Since they didn't remember bothering us the day before we ended up just telling them we already owned. Too bad you have to resort to lieing to be left alone! A simple no thanks should be enough.

J
J
We do own property, the guys don't care. They bother us anyway. One even went so far as to tell me he'd split the $100.00 he gets for setting up an appointment to view the property with me, if I'd just go to the presentation.

After a few weeks, it just got to be a joke, and I'd stop and chat with them when I wandered by their booth.

I get harassed by time share salesmen too - you would think, that at some point, they MIGHT begin to recognize people that live here. I have always been firm and polite and stated that I am not interested - the last time I did that one of them told me to "f" off.

What a terrible thought that these people are treating our visitors and our locals in this manner.

I have heard them begging, even seen them on the hands and knees in the street pleading for visitors to go to the presentations because they need the $100 to buy shoes or books for their kids.

Elbert - I applaud you for reporting them and I see that I shall need to do the same thing too.

We all need to make a living - I have a front street office in town and solicit clients by advertising in newspapers etc. Time share salespeople are supposed to stay on-site or in their booths. I have no problem with the concept of time share sales - I do have a problem with some of the methods being employed.

I hope the BTB starts paying the rewards again for reports of time share sales people - that always cleans the place up pretty quickly.

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
These two guys in the photo have captain morgans logos on their shirts. They seem to be the most persistent. The tourist complain to me at the dive shop with comments like ' I didn't come down here for this'.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
It is dispicable to see them accost tourists who are trying to have fun and be friendly to all the people they meet along the way. I 'free' the tourists when i see them accosted by telling them it is okay to walk away and that these sales persons are acting illegally. they seem to appreciate the chance to make a break. the chagrined sales persons can kiss my butt. too bad it is escalating.

P
P
Many people now carry compact cameras that can take video. Why not take photos or video and hand that in to the police? Assuming you can do it without being attacked smile

P
P
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
you would think, that at some point, they MIGHT begin to recognize people that live here

There's a fellow who cycles up and down the beach and around town selling wood carvings. He's a pleasant chap and I've often chatted with him. I've known him for years. Yet always he asks me if I want to buy a carving to take home with me. Perhaps he doesn't have good eyesight and doesn't recognise people - I have that problem sometimes.

B
B
live and let live people....

'Just another day in the life of Apes with Ego-trips!'
P
P
But THEY don't!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.