Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I am so happy to see this in San Pedro, finally! Peter has some great photos of the interior and exterior - maybe he will post them here. The full-time vet owns and operates this hospital and has even offered great discounted fees to SAGA for its shelter animals and clientelle.

The hospital is located across the street from the SAGA shelter. Very nice and just 'what the doctor ordered'! YAY! The existence of this facility will certainly add to the tourism and investment appeal of my favorite little town smile

P
P
OK, here goes.
First, an external view. Note the entrance door on the right of the building - access is via the main entrance to Pedro's yard.
[Linked Image]

Next, the waiting room, right inside the entrance door. Only a few chairs at present, but there's a TV to watch.
[Linked Image]

Then, a view of the surgery (or consulting room) from just inside the door. The business end is at the far end.
[Linked Image]

And lastly, the surgery as the vet sees it, with the operating table in the foreground.
[Linked Image]

Some nice gory close-ups with vet and a patient to follow!

that looks like a great facility! i'm jealous,, we don't have that down this way.
i hope you all can work it out and take advantage of this,, it's for the animals, not you.

OP Offline
Yes, it is for the animals! and a long time coming too. I wish to see the Board of SAGA, or at least one or two of its level headed members, take this mess in the right direction to do what SAGA's donors believe it can do: serve as an animal welfare/humane society and see to it that the animals and their owners are provided the best information and resources for treating their pets! Work with the SPAH not against it. Put personality issues aside and do the right thing.

I wonder what donations they need...something we can bring down?

OP Offline
you can contact the San Pedro Animal Hospital at [email protected] re: donations, if they are even accepting them.

WOw! Nice facility! I'm happy to see it in San Pedro! Laurie, all the best to you! You are a true angel!
Iluv, I agree, time for the people to put differences aside and think of the animals. Unfortunately the animals cannont speak for themselves. Therefore we have to do what is right to help the ones in need and in pain. ALso to help them remain healthy throughout their lives. I also support our local gial who takes in hurt/dumped/malnourished strays. I help during fund raisers/auctions in any capcity that I can. I also keep my own dogs/horses as healthy as I can. Unfortunatly, it looks as if this will be my mare's last year. She's 26 and getting really thin. I hate to put her down, but I will not let her suffer in any way, shape or form. She's been my kid and it will be a sad day, but I will be there when the vet comes and I will be the last one she sees.

Take the road less traveled
Condolences in advance DCG

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

OP Offline
I'm sorry to hear of your mare's aging condition DCG - but you're right, no suffering, and you'll be there with her all the way. She has had a great life with you!

DCG, frown

I can't believe the SPAH is built! Seems only yesterday it was cement! Great job on getting it up in running in only a matter of a few weeks! I wish Dr. Laurie and the pets, all the best.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.