Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Offline
T
I am told it is a worm type virus that gets into e-mail contact list and sends from your computer . Run ALL virus protectors,AVG and spy bot and everything in arsenal .They got me before ,what a pain .

JZB Offline
I got one of these emails too, but from an unfamiliar name

--------------

I'm writing this message to you with sadness. I traveled down to London for a short vacation and unfortunately for me, i was mugged at knife point last night at the park of the hotel where i lodged and all cash, credit cards and cell phone were all taken away.

I've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all, My flight leaves in less than 8hrs from now and i am having problems settling the hotel bills.

The hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the hotel bills now am freaked out. I need a loan from you to return back home and i want you to get back to me if you will be able to help me.

------------------------

You mean i shouldn't have sent the money?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
What a good neighbour!

I recall Linda whom owns Coco Loco had a similar email sent out last year. I sent her the money but she never made mention of it when we were down last July. Elbert did you also win that Lottery that you didn't enter too? I sent my money and I guess the postman is taking his sweet time delivering my money!

Tim good luck!

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Does this mean the Nigerian I have been corresponding with about his financial troubles may be fraudulent as well?

I've already told you more than I know.
This same scam appears now and then on Facebook. All a same story about being stranded in the UK.

and funds to be transferred via Western Union.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
They get the password for your email account with a key-logger (that records key strokes) which is installed on the computer you are using. Can be your own computer, but most likely a public computer in an internet cafe. Obviously they change your passwords and secret question, so you loose your account. Very nasty for the owner. They will correspond with the people in the address book and instruct to send money through Western Union or so...

Live and let live
Yuck - bad news for internet cafes ..... what can they do to protect their patrons and therefore their business base?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.