Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#36335 - 03/19/01 05:51 PM Banana Beach or bust!
Kelkin Offline
We finally decided on Banana beach for our family of 4. Tim the mgr. has been wonderfully prompt with e-mail replys and loads of extra information. We didnt have any luck with paradise villas-- no 2 bdrms available our week. We are hoping we wont be sorry that we are a little far from town. We would love feedback from anyone who has stayed at Banana Beach. Im compiling a list of "favorites and must do things" from this message board for our trip June 21---what a great resource. We are so excited about our trip!!!!!!!!!

#36336 - 03/20/01 12:24 AM Re: Banana Beach or bust!
John G Offline
We arr staying at banana beach for 2 weeks starting the 25th of this month. I will pass along our thoughts. You are right, Tim has been a great help, John.

#36337 - 03/20/01 02:27 AM Re: Banana Beach or bust!
helmsman Offline
We stayed there in January and loved it. It's an easy bike ride to town or a nice stroll along the beach. We liked it because it was quiet (even though at the time we were there a group of college students were guests as well. But Tim and Staff are great...friendly, efficient. The beach, though not big, is well groomed and it seemed we were just far enough away from town so you didn't get a lot of people walking around you all day. The pool is big with plenty of loungers around. Taxi ride to town was $4-5US when we traveled there at night for dinner out. We liked the place so much we're already planning our return next year!

#36338 - 03/20/01 07:22 PM Re: Banana Beach or bust!
brentwood3336 Offline
We just loved Banana Beach. Although we stayed for 45 days, we were still sad to leave. The place is kept very clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. A quiet and cheerful place to be! The distance to the town was a pleasant beach walk, although at first we had to rest a couple of times on the way. Really helped our health to bike or walk so much. Never felt better! With Tim, the service you see on the quick e-mail responses is what you get at the resort. Relax and enjoy your stay!

#36339 - 03/22/01 03:56 PM Re: Banana Beach or bust!
Dallas couple Offline
Returned yesterday from a week at Banana Beach. We had a wonderful time! Our ocean view room had AC, full kitchen, hair dryer in the bath, and the most wonderful, thick towels!! It is south of town, but we walked almost every day.. We tried the cabs, and we rented bikes several times, but we enjoyed the walks so much! There is so much to see as you walk along the beach, you're in town before you know it!
I'll be posting a full trip report, hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Our only wish during our stay was that the young ladies at the front desk had a better understanding of the excursions offered, etc. We went diving every day, and had to initially find our own info on what was available. We talked to almost all of the dive shops, and ended up diving with Aqua Tours..AWESOME PEOPLE! More in the trip report, this is getting long!

#36340 - 03/22/01 05:35 PM Re: Banana Beach or bust!
Kelkin Offline
Aqua tours will go on our favorites list for diving. We feel reassured that we made a good choice in Banana Beach...Thanks for the replies!!

#36341 - 03/22/01 06:21 PM Re: Banana Beach or bust!
ebi Offline
Dallas Couple,
Its really good to hear that you had a great time at Banana Beach. I'm going to be there 4/8-4/13. I'm female and traveling alone(generally like it that way-you wind up meeting alot of people). I plan on doing a lot of diving. I've heard good things about Blue hole diving but will try Aqua. Can you give me any other suggestions as far as great dives and good restaurants and party venues?
thanx in advance
esther

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (dabunk, JaHo, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.