Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#363483 - 01/06/10 01:48 PM The Hammock House!
reaper Offline
When I saw the photo of the day it made me sad. The Hammock House was so much fun and a great location. During the first boogie some of the guys jumped in late in the afternoon after doing a demo into the soccer final in Belize City. It was an epic party! Wonder Woman stated that it was the best night they ever had.
So now when I drive over the bridge it just sucks to see it falling apart.
Who owns the lot? Is it for sale?
Just curious!

Edited by reaper (01/06/10 01:53 PM)

#363485 - 01/06/10 02:08 PM Re: The Hammock House! [Re: reaper]
Chloe Offline
Tis Sad!
Dare To Deviate

#363495 - 01/06/10 03:41 PM Re: The Hammock House! [Re: Chloe]
chunkyruth Offline
Reaper, I'm hearing ya. I saw the Hammock House in that pic and too remembered what a great place it was watch the skydivers...and...the pull barge action. Fun place.

#363505 - 01/06/10 05:30 PM Re: The Hammock House! [Re: reaper]
Loansum-Al K Offline
Don't know who owns it now, but I believe the maintenance man from Holy Cross School lives there.
I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!

#363519 - 01/06/10 07:18 PM Re: The Hammock House! [Re: Loansum-Al K]
lakegirl Offline
Oh what good memories!!!!

#363532 - 01/06/10 08:29 PM Re: The Hammock House! [Re: lakegirl]
Craigswench Offline
I agree--- good memories, or at least, I remember being TOLD I had fun there!!!!

#363534 - 01/06/10 09:15 PM Re: The Hammock House! [Re: Craigswench]
gailtor Offline
LOL at Craigswench... I am sure you are not the only one who had to be TOLD how much fun they had at Hammock House.. smile
I loved the way they decorated the washrooms.. not that I spent alot of time in them, but thought it was cool.
Yes, Hammock House was a fun place.. have to admit it would not be as much fun watching people cross the cut today, with the hand (pull) ferry gone..
Memories.. smile

#363537 - 01/06/10 10:27 PM Re: The Hammock House! [Re: gailtor]
Loansum-Al K Offline
The first time we visted the Hammock House is when we met Linda Carter, AKA Wonder Woman, and we have been the best of friends since! We love you Linda!
I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!

#363540 - 01/07/10 01:30 AM Re: The Hammock House! [Re: Loansum-Al K]
Gela Offline
Ah yes, the Hammock House. I remember being delivered to the pull ferry by a very sweet restaurant owner via golf cart. Then I remember dancing on the ferry yelling and waving at Hammock House dancers as I crossed the cut (with my favorite travel buddy). The rest, well, is a bit blurry, but I do remember meeting many board members that evening. Do you guys remember the birds in cages as you walked up the stairs? Oh, and the bathroom was unique. smile
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#363570 - 01/07/10 11:12 AM Re: The Hammock House! [Re: Gela]
ScubaLdy Offline
Remember the board where you could place a bet on what date the next golf cart would go off the pull ferry into the water? Remember when, at high tide, the plywood ramp would be so steep you had to 'gun it' to get up? Once when I did that I shot forward and hit the golf cart in front of me. Two guys grabbed it by the uprights when only the front wheels were in the air.

OH WHAT FUN! Nothing is the same up north now that there is a bridge. Can you imagine anyone saying "OH, you JUST have to cross the bridge?" NO
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 38 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,717 Topics
461,257 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.