Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#363483 01/06/10 01:48 PM
reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
When I saw the photo of the day it made me sad. The Hammock House was so much fun and a great location. During the first boogie some of the guys jumped in late in the afternoon after doing a demo into the soccer final in Belize City. It was an epic party! Wonder Woman stated that it was the best night they ever had.
So now when I drive over the bridge it just sucks to see it falling apart.
Who owns the lot? Is it for sale?
Just curious!

Last edited by reaper; 01/06/10 01:53 PM.
Tis Sad!

Dare To Deviate
Reaper, I'm hearing ya. I saw the Hammock House in that pic and too remembered what a great place it was watch the skydivers...and...the pull barge action. Fun place.

Don't know who owns it now, but I believe the maintenance man from Holy Cross School lives there.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Oh what good memories!!!!

C
C
I agree--- good memories, or at least, I remember being TOLD I had fun there!!!!

LOL at Craigswench... I am sure you are not the only one who had to be TOLD how much fun they had at Hammock House.. smile
I loved the way they decorated the washrooms.. not that I spent alot of time in them, but thought it was cool.
Yes, Hammock House was a fun place.. have to admit it would not be as much fun watching people cross the cut today, with the hand (pull) ferry gone..
Memories.. smile

The first time we visted the Hammock House is when we met Linda Carter, AKA Wonder Woman, and we have been the best of friends since! We love you Linda!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Ah yes, the Hammock House. I remember being delivered to the pull ferry by a very sweet restaurant owner via golf cart. Then I remember dancing on the ferry yelling and waving at Hammock House dancers as I crossed the cut (with my favorite travel buddy). The rest, well, is a bit blurry, but I do remember meeting many board members that evening. Do you guys remember the birds in cages as you walked up the stairs? Oh, and the bathroom was unique. smile

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Gela #363570 01/07/10 11:12 AM
Remember the board where you could place a bet on what date the next golf cart would go off the pull ferry into the water? Remember when, at high tide, the plywood ramp would be so steep you had to 'gun it' to get up? Once when I did that I shot forward and hit the golf cart in front of me. Two guys grabbed it by the uprights when only the front wheels were in the air.

OH WHAT FUN! Nothing is the same up north now that there is a bridge. Can you imagine anyone saying "OH, you JUST have to cross the bridge?" NO

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.