Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#361112 12/11/09 08:53 PM
S
suecate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Does anyone know the date of the land raffle?

M
M
I'm wondering as well. Wasn't the drawing supposed to take place in December? I guess there are a few days left...

C
C
the raffle has been cancelled and they are refunding money. not enough tickets sold i guess?

S
S
Raffle was canceled at the request of Alex Canalez, the promoter([email protected]). If your ticket was purchased through Holy Cross School, contact the school After January 13 when the school reopens for the new year and your money will be refunded. If you purchsed your ticket from someone else, please contact them for your refund.

"Just another Day in Paradise"
M
M
So...this was a scam? What if we hadn't asked? We just wouldn't have known?

S
S
Raffel was canceled by Alex just as school closed for the Christmas holidays. Holy Cross staff will be in the office Monday morning, January 13 to address anyone with questions. No reason to start rumors.

Alex approached Holy Cross with the idea of doing a raffel and having the school receive part of the proceeds.

S
suecate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I spoke to the school before christmas and I was told they are going to reimburse people. They sounded as disappointed as we all are. I agree there are no rumors to be started, since they are willing to make good.

M
M
Yes, but my point was: what if I hadn't asked? I just wouldn't have gotten a refund? If they are planning on refunding everyone regardless of whether they ask or not, that's one thing, but if they only refund those that ask, that's something else. I don't think I was starting a rumor, just asking a legitimate question.

S
S
They will surely do the very best they can with the information available to them. They are good folks.

S
S
Question asked and answered.
The day the raffel was canceled a plan was developed to repay everyone but the school staff has been on break since mid- December. Many people paid for tickets by paypal and some of the repayments will be in small amounts. Repaying paypal is going to be a problem for people because that amount comes in as a lump sum from paypal and we may not have return addresses. Paypal fees, postage and staff time will make this a money looser for the school.
It will take some time to work this out but every effort is being made. If anyone is that concerned over their refund, contact Linda at the office at 226-3456 or [email protected].

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.