Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hi all. Sorry if this is a common question but I need to ask.

My buddy and I go on a trip every year at the start of the month of March and this year we're headed to Belize.

I have been researching, and am looking for advice on whether to spend the week in Caulker or Ambergris. Based on what I am hearing, Ambergris is a little more busy and bustling, while Caulker is slightly more laid back.

The place I am looking to stay in Ambergris is Lily's, and the place I would consider in Caulker is Trends Beach Front Hotel. I do realize that both of these places are probably a little run-down and we fully expect the type of place/service that you would expect for $60USD a night. The only time we plan to be in the room is sleeping.

A little bit about us...

28 years old, both single. Adventurous. Most of our trips are fishing primarily, and we will fish Belize (2 full days, flats fishing) -- but relaxing is priority number 1. Sitting on the beach, or a nice open aired bar, drinking beer. We also plan to bring our tackle and spend some time casting off the beach.

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks everyone!

B
OP Offline
B
Just wanted to update my thread to say that I am also looking at the Conch Shell and Ruby's......in lieu of Lily's.

as TripAdvisor has me a little worried about that place..

R
R
Why don't you split up the the trip, half in Caulker half in AC, best of both worlds. I think you'll enjoy both.

B
OP Offline
B
That makes perfect sense...and I think it's a great idea, rockfish. Not sure why I hadn't considered that option, so thanks for pointing it out.

E
E
Conch shell is pretty noisy

Conch Shell sounds perfect for these guys Ernie, their young and full of what were out of ;-)
Its close to Cholos!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
OP Offline
B
I read all the reviews on Conch Shell - a mixed bag. Sounds like it is all dependent on where your room is. As may be the case with all the "budget" hotels in the heart of town.

I would like to reserve a specific room -- for example, someone mentioned room #14 at Conch's was "the best".......but I am sure they will tell you it is reserved, but when you get there, they will have already given it away.

So on my radar currently in Ambergris is:

Lily's (though possibly last option)
Ruby's
Conch Shell

Certainly open to any other suggestions. I can probably swing about $120 a night tops. Would prefer to be in the action versus at a resort out of town though.

Thanks again you guys.

K
K
Stay in San Pedro and day trip to Caulker. Lily's is a great location. Just book first night there and move on if you desire a change of scenery.

We always spend the majority of time in San Pedro, but also spend a couple of nights on Caulker. Love them both!

Coco

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.