Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#364544 01/19/10 08:59 AM
P
OP Offline
P
One of the cornerstones of the "global warming" pandemic is revealed to have been ... well, not quite a hoax, but certainly not remotely scientific or even justified. How many billions of $ have been spent and how many landscapes have been despoiled by giant windmills because of this one fiasco?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6991177.ece

I hear an awful lot of "baa,baa" around, but now we are finding out it is really a wolf in sheep's clothing after all!!!!!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
C
C
...and we're hearing more and more things like this. Al Gore's mighty quiet these days, no?

I was going to get a life, but this was easier.
That pantload made his money off it.

P
OP Offline
P
The complete absence of scientific rigour that this shows, with all sorts of people glibly accepting it without any serious questioning, frankly terrifies me. The general public don't have access to the "evidence" behind such claims and have to decide whether to accept it according to the general scientific gravitas of the people saying it. This completely undermines this process. Although some "scientists" were presumably misled and themselves accepted the assertion of glaciers vanishing based on who had said it, I am quite confident that there were many people in positions of political influence who knew that the information was false yet endorsed and promulgated it. Can any reasoning person now accept anything "experts" say?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.