Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
cshaw99 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
HI. My family and and 3 other families we are friends with are coming to AC for our 1st time this summer. We are having a difficult time decididng where to stay. We have friends that usually stay at Victoria House (rent a big house on the property)and we know it is very nice but would like something a little more affordable with some of the same ammenities. We also looked at a lplace called Coco Beach but didnt know if that side of the island would fit us being able to take a kayak and go snorkeling... We are thinking maybe we need to be on the Windward side of the island... Can anyone make some suggestions?

How many total in your group?

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
S
S
Coco Beach is on the windward side of the island and is only a short kayak ride away from El Pescador rocks and the reef.

C
cshaw99 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
its looking like 9 adults and 3 kids.

C
cshaw99 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the info SimonB. One of the maps that we looked at showed Coco Beach Resort to be on the Lagoon side. Thanks for clearing that up.

c shaw - It can be confusing here the island is very narrow in many places. For instance; the core of town is only four blocks from reef side to back lagoon. Both areas are often referred to as lagoon since the reef breaks the waves of the sea from (mostly) coming ashore.
There are any number of resorts that stretch from the reef side to the back lagoon side. The one that comes to mind is Journeys End as the cart path passes right between buildings. This part of the path is actually paved and the first time I found myself there I though I had somehow missed a turn someplace (I have been known to do that but not so much since I quit drinking - LOL). I Seattle once and got stopped at the Canadian border. Ah, but that's a story for another day.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Scuba Lady, is it really paved at Journey's End? I don't recall that at all and I have a house right there next to Rendezvous and Journey's End. You may be right but I don't remember it being so and if it is it is very, very short.

Captain One Iron
I don't know exactly what your mix of people is but a lot of the house's up North provide you with kayaks and bicycles at no additional charge. You might want to contact Rachael at AbsoluteBelize and find out if one or more of her houses would suit your needs. The north area is really nice for children but it is sometimes a drag to get back and forth into San Pedro. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Last edited by Martin Smith; 01/24/10 10:35 PM.

Captain One Iron
When googled the address for absolutebelize does not work! Perhaps you could let them know? Or is there a new one?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.