Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#364812 01/22/10 10:00 AM
V
OP Offline
V
Someone was asking about this earlier, whether or not the carry-on restrictions from Canada through the U.S. (where we stop over to get to Belize) were still on, apparently they have been lifted now....
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroom/infosheets-menu-5811.htm

Funny, but they list these as 'new' rules, these are the same regulations as before the Xmas incident. Anyway, looks like it's back to normal folks!

N
N
The rules had not been lifted on my husband's flight from Vancouver Tuesday the 19th.

Nothing but very small purses and computer bags. NOTHING. No bags with gifts, no tote bags, no small briefcases, no cameras.

Interesting, what airline was that? On Tuesday, Jan 22, returning to Canada, I had no problems at all with my usual slightly oversize carryon suitcase, a large purse bag and a plastic bag with some stuff in it.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

N
N
I think the restiction was only on flights going to or through the US from Canada. Not sure why only Canada had that restriction, maybe lack of staff to check all those carryons... It has been lifted now anyway, check Air Canada's site. Anyone know if the full body scanners are being used at Pearson yet?

V
OP Offline
V
The rule just changed on January 19th. Here's the press release with the date on it...http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroom/releases-2010-h007e-5812.htm

Yes, that's for all flights passing through the U.S. from Canada (and from any other country). Hopefully this is true now as I am booked to come down there soon and I only did so as it looked like I could bring a carry on. Since they lose our luggage every time (and I mean every time), I like to pack the must-haves in a gym bag and bring it on with me.

Folks, please let us know, if you are transferring in the U.S., what your most recent experiences are. I heard it on the radio which is why I checked the website.

Heard the full body scanners were going into place, mostly out west so far though (?)

N
N
Originally Posted by seashell
Interesting, what airline was that? On Tuesday, Jan 22, returning to Canada, I had no problems at all with my usual slightly oversize carryon suitcase, a large purse bag and a plastic bag with some stuff in it.

It was AA. Maybe the difference was that you were flying TO Canada , he was flying FROM Canada.

That, and the rules have been updated after your hubby was on board.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman #365113 01/26/10 02:20 AM
Which airline loses your luggage EVERY time? I've never had a bag lost, even one time in all my world travels, nor any of my numerous trips to BZ . . .knock on wood.

I know I've just been tremendously lucky because friends and family have had luggage late but it still shows up within a few days, delivered to the door.

Regardless, my carryon is always packed as if my bags will go missing. Worst come to worst, I could go a whole vacation just with my carryon . . perish the thought for this princess.

Last edited by seashell; 01/26/10 02:23 AM.

V
OP Offline
V
I"m with you Seashell, all one really needs is a carry-on, but the suitcase is usually full of towels, water toys, gifts, reading material, etc and is usually the size of a second carry-on anyway. Yes, they always find the luggage eventually and I've had them delivered to us as far as the rainforest but it takes days sometimes and when you're only away for a week or so, imagine if you were allowed no carry-on, all those precious days without important items would not be fun. I'd say Continental, American, all of the American airlines have lost at least one item of ours on each trip or those that we were traveling with, and often in both directions. Air Canada here is so bad I refuse to fly with them. We get them back eventually but the point is, without being allowed a carry-on I can't imagine the grief it would cause if we didn't have at least those important items.

I met this poor couple earlier this month who made a stop within Canada and another in the US, then Belize then back to Canada, they only saw their luggage for a total of two days in the whole two weeks they were traveling and when I was in line with them, Continental was telling them they couldn't even trace the bags. Ours, thankfully, were known to be on the next flight. And these poor people were allowed no carry-on! That's my worst nightmare....

Yeah, that's a nightmare alright!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.