Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Croc's ride like a Cadillac, only without doors and a windshield.

lil ones bark

If I remember my Tour Guide info correctly we have no Alligators in Belize, just crocks but several species and one fresh water.
:-) and yes for real the little guys have a squeaky bark!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I could never keep it straight - Alligator or Crockodile - then whe I thought about the fact that we live on a CAYE (starts with a "C")and it's easy to remember.
I had the same problem with StalagTites and StalagMites until I figured out M = Mountain.) Hey, I use every trick I can to not sound too dumb!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
my favorite stalactite, stalagmite reminder is that the you must hold on tight to the ceiling so you don't fall (stalagtite) and the stalagmite might reach the ceiling from the ground.

From wikepedia: A stalagmite (from the Greek stalagma , "drop" or "drip") is a type of speleothem that rises from the floor of a limestone cave due to the dripping of mineralized solutions and the deposition of calcium carbonate. The corresponding formation on the ceiling of a cave is known as a stalactite. If these formations grow together, the result is known as a column.

E
E
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
I could never keep it straight - Alligator or Crockodile - then whe I thought about the fact that we live on a CAYE (starts with a "C")and it's easy to remember.
I had the same problem with StalagTites and StalagMites until I figured out M = Mountain.) Hey, I use every trick I can to not sound too dumb!

I hate to take this thread in this direction but it was explained to me that stalactites stick tight to the ceiling. Amazing that I can remember that from a visit to Carlsbad Caverns when I was 5ish.

God Bless The Reef!
R
ron Offline
R
I also have been to the Carlsbad Caverns and there were no crocs of gators there.

P
P
c is for ceiling g is for ground. Stalactite. Stalagmite. Boring compared to the others.

P
P
Doesn't help with remembering c vs. g, but it's like ants in the pants - the mites go up and the tites (tights) go down.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.