Our reasons for wanting to relocate to a sub-tropical area are many and varied.
1. We live in a small town in NH and have lived in ME,LA,IL,MA,MS,and Africa(2 years on the Med). We find a smaller community with a slower paced lifestyle less demanding and more to our liking.
2. My wife suffers from a JA (Stills) a particular mean type of arthritis(systemic and systematic). We have been told a warmer climate would be better for her. One thing I'll be checking is the medical situation there. I am now 30 miles north of Boston and have made many,many trips there for medical testing and treatment. That is no longer needed since we now know what my wife has and is being treated for it. The medical help now needed is more from a maintenance aspect.
3. The cost of living is reasonable. I am self employed now and don't see any huge sums of money coming my way in my more senior years.
4. NO SNOW 8^)
5. I would LOVE to be on or near the ocean that is usable the ocean here (NH) is to cold to enjoy.
6. I think our kids would tend to visit less often but for longer stays (quality is more important than quantity)
7. If there were ever the time to invest in Belize it is now (hope I'm not to late)
8. More U.S. folks are thinking the same way I am (I hope)
9. Belize makes relocating there very interesting. The Government seems to be making every effort to simplify the process and is actually encouraging immigration.
10.cuz we wanna big 8*)'s