Next Thread
Print Thread
#36552 03/24/01 12:18 AM
P
Paddy Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Can anyone comment on Corona del Mar???

My wife and I are going to Belize in the begining of May for a well deserved vacation from the NH winter. And to scope Belize out as a retirement destination. I have been reading this board for awhile now and really want to stay on Ambergris Caye. How difficult is it to get back and forth to the mainland as we want to see as much as possible. Or should we spend our time just on the Ambergris???

Also it will be our 32nd anniversary May 3rd any suggestions on how to make this trip(day) special (besides the obvious 8^).

Also I was thought about staying at Coconuts or Ramons

Thanks

Paddy

#36553 03/24/01 04:36 AM
D
D
Corona Del Mar is an excellent property. Woody and Hellen are a gas! Retirement in Belize is another subject. I don't reccomend it for people who are new to our ways. It is very different here. Strange and stupid to an outsider. Nothing works in the way that you are used to. Many give up soon. And understandbly. Come visit for at least a month before even considering it.

#36554 03/24/01 04:47 AM
A month or two, for several years! This is a wonderful, incredible place to visit. Visiting and living are very different.
Corona del Mar is a great place. The owner's can tell you lots of stories about relocating! Capricorn would be the best place to celebrate you anniversary. Make the reservation and they will arrange for water taxi to pick up at your hotel.
Congratulations!

[This message has been edited by Wendy (edited 03-24-2001).]

#36555 03/24/01 03:18 PM
D
D
Would you mind posting a few more details as to why?? thanks.....

#36556 03/24/01 07:33 PM
P
Paddy Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Our reasons for wanting to relocate to a sub-tropical area are many and varied.

Some are;
1. We live in a small town in NH and have lived in ME,LA,IL,MA,MS,and Africa(2 years on the Med). We find a smaller community with a slower paced lifestyle less demanding and more to our liking.

2. My wife suffers from a JA (Stills) a particular mean type of arthritis(systemic and systematic). We have been told a warmer climate would be better for her. One thing I'll be checking is the medical situation there. I am now 30 miles north of Boston and have made many,many trips there for medical testing and treatment. That is no longer needed since we now know what my wife has and is being treated for it. The medical help now needed is more from a maintenance aspect.

3. The cost of living is reasonable. I am self employed now and don't see any huge sums of money coming my way in my more senior years.

4. NO SNOW 8^)

5. I would LOVE to be on or near the ocean that is usable the ocean here (NH) is to cold to enjoy.

6. I think our kids would tend to visit less often but for longer stays (quality is more important than quantity)

7. If there were ever the time to invest in Belize it is now (hope I'm not to late)

8. More U.S. folks are thinking the same way I am (I hope)

9. Belize makes relocating there very interesting. The Government seems to be making every effort to simplify the process and is actually encouraging immigration.

10.cuz we wanna big 8*)'s

Paddy

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 227 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.