Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#36559 - 03/24/01 06:24 PM an FYI for other boneheads like me...
Lynnie Offline
Just thought I would throw this out for what its worth. Last fall when we booked this trip we called Casa Caribe and booked our two bdrm condo directly with them. The guys talked with a woman there named Georga. We sent a down payment and received a confirm number in the mail. The resort was to bill the balance to the Visa 30 days ahead of our arrival. So the bill comes last week and there is no charge.When the guys called, Georga was no longer there and they had no record of us comming (yikes, we leave in four days!) They then offered us a one bdrm condo (we are two couples and good friends but hey we're not THAT close). We asked to speak to someone eles and that gentleman confirmed we were not on their list but said sense we had a confirm number he would find us a place. He blamed the hurricane for wiping out their computer which may well be true. So live and learn from our mistake and check those reservations before you hop the flight. I might just pack a refrigerater box so we have some place to stay while we're there =)
Luckily I love an adventure and I have faith it will all work out fine. But I guess faith got us into this mess in the first place.
Cheers!

#36560 - 03/26/01 07:38 AM Re: an FYI for other boneheads like me...
Karen Pasquariello Offline
Ooops! Guess someone goofed. Am glad you called ahead of time. I tend to believe the folks at Casa Caribe, they are really nice and the hurricane did play havoc with lots of resorts there. A good recommendation to check ahead of time, when I book trips for people, I keep in constant communication with the resort managers and send a reminder the day prior to arrival. Please don't let this ruin your trip. I think the owners of Casa Caribe will do everything they can to accomodate you.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.