Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#365847 02/01/10 01:16 PM
OP Offline
Can I now collect on my wager that the resort will not open in the month of January ,Hate to see this happen but you could see it happing ..As i spoke to some of the staff who I knew and they said to me it was done??? what is going to happen now??

Living The Dream Every Day!
Capt.
We took a bike ride up to Legacy about 2 weeks ago to see what was going on....ghost town, pool was empty just a couple of sleeping "security guards" with a sleeping guard dog but grounds seem to be maintained

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
C
C
Quite a nice place. I'm sure/hope somebody will get it going again.

OP Offline
I hope so ,I new it was not good when some said some of the stuff was being sold??? the best laid plans of mice and men ...To build a resort in belize you need LOTS of$$$ money LOTS ,to surport the dream ..And then follow thru with the plan to the end ...

Living The Dream Every Day!
There are tripAdvisor ratings for Belize Legacy. Is this a different place? or was it open before, then closed down?

So what happened to the money and/or property of folks who bought units there? I thought even after it closed last year it was supposed to be open for owners?

It's still getting current reviews on TripAdvisor. The latest was posted yesterday (Jan. 31, 2010) though the review was for a stay in April 2009. I guess that tells a little something about TripAdvisor.

Due to the uncertainty, last fall we pulled it from Fodor's Belize 2010.

The Belize Legacy web site remains live though you can't book online. Sort of like Bella Maya on the Placencia peninsula, which shut down earlier this month, and which still has a web site but no telephone or online booking.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
J
J
There are reviews on Trip Advisor of places that have been closed for years. One I saw the other day was for the Hideaway, which was closed before I started coming here in 2003. There was still a place where you could place a reivew of it.

Hideaway was open for some time after 2003 (think we are talking about same place) went to a few parties there and they hosted us for a crawl party the Gilligan's island one April 2008.

http://tacogirl.com/2008/04/april-crawl/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

P
P
Different place taco. The half that remains of this Hideaway (no idea why they demolished only half of the building) is on opposite side of the street to the part built Sands Condos, next to The Yacht Club.

E
E
Hideaway was my favorite hang out back in '99 - '02

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 208 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.