Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
OP Offline
P

Point of interest - nowhere in this story is there a mention of Islam.

FYI

"But while it is true that most such killings are carried out in conservative Muslim communities, the practice is linked more to the customs of this region of Turkey, than to religious belief. The family will try to pretend that she never existed."

M
M
I agree with Amanda, we must be carful with what brush we paint our picture with.

THESE PEOPLE ARE SICK MOTHER F**KERS..AND SHOULD BE BOILED IN OIL.. YOU HAVE TO BE ONE SICK PERSON TO KILL YOUR CHILD ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
P
OP Offline
P
True Amanda, but these things only seem to happen in Muslim communities. We've had too many "honour" killings in Britain and other European countries, and always associated with the Muslim communities there.

What a load of crap. Up here, a couple of days ago, an Australian woman killed her two small children by drowning them in the bathtub. She was in a custody dispute with her Canadian husband. No Muslim/Islam involvement. It's a sad and sorry state of affairs, that's true. There are many sad and sorry things happening all over the world, acts done by human beings of all religions, non-religions and states of mind or despair. But many portions of this thread are only evidence of ignorance and hate mongering, by those that should know better. It's making me sick.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
Many atrocious acts have been committed in the name of Christianity but when someone does something bad these days you don't see people going "ooo they were a Christian, it must be because of their religion". Small minded people trying to stir the pot is what keeps fanning the fires of mistrust and hatred.

P
OP Offline
P
Perhaps a look at the structure of Turkey might clarify things. The country is trying to become a modern secular society to support its application to join the EU, but the vast majority of people there are deeply religious and reject what their government is trying to do. The only mass religion found there is Islam. I haven't found any report of this murder that mentions religion, but this
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...family-please-kill-yourself-1655373.html
and this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/country_profiles/1022222.stm
help to substantiate what I have just said. In addition, I am not aware of any other social structure other than a Muslim/Islamic one that holds "honour killings" to be not just justified but mandated. Sure there are murders in all societies, but "honour killings" are a very special phenomenon associated AFAIK only with Muslim societies.

I am astonished at the inability of some to see what is going on, put it in context, and have a rational discussion about it. This is not remotely a "hate" thread, nor is it attempting to typify Muslims. It is however referring to a trait that is sadly too common in Muslim countries and communities-within-countries, and especially in Turkey.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.