Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
OP Offline
This should be interesting. Maybe someone can do a chart?

Our first time was Thanksgiving 1989 with friends. We brought a frozen turkey w/the fixins in our suitcase. The other suitcase had chlorine tablets for the pool. Customs? hahahahaha!!! We brought a cooler of hams, steaks, and ribs the next year.

We've met quite a few people who have been coming/living here even longer than us.

How about some shout-outs!?

When was your first time?

2004 and fell in love with the place, have been back every year since and wish we could come more often!!!

OP Offline
Wow! So you've already seen a lot of changes - i.e. cobblestone streets and more condo complexes and grocery stores.

2005 on the cheap in September at Belizean Shores. Visited Xunantunich, did BC's BBQ, took a waverunner trip around the island, bought a cane from Paisano and Lacy gave us a golf cart tour. Will always remember it. 5th trip coming up in 2 weeks!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
June 2006. And although the person I was with at the time made the trip "not so enjoyable" I fell in love with the island and everyone there. I have to laugh because my passport shows Roatan, Belize, Belize, Roatan, Belize, Belize, Belize, Belize, Belize, Belize, Belize and I will be adding stamp #10 in...A WEEK!! YEAH!!! I may never have the chance to live there, but as long as the custom agent lets me through and tells me "Welcome Back" and I have the strength and $$ to go... I'll be there!!

Take the road less traveled
L
L
First visit with out kids in tow was 1973. When we walked down the streets at night, we always spoke is a whisper as all the fisherman were in bed asleep getting ready to go out the next morning. No gift shops and the only thing our kids could buy was an orange or some bread at Martha's. Two vehicles on the island. Marciano and Nando Trejo. What a great time! Bought our house 28 yrs. ago. No running water or electricity. Now I bitch about having to put the dishes in the dishwasher.

R.B. Mernitz
T
T
late jan/early feb 1995...back for trip #30 march 12th. many changes, especially to the north.

OP Offline
Does anybody remember when the only grocery store on the island was Rock's?

It's the purple grocery store on middle street - sometimes change IS good.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by lovey and thurston
First visit with out kids in tow was 1973. When we walked down the streets at night, we always spoke is a whisper as all the fisherman were in bed asleep getting ready to go out the next morning. No gift shops and the only thing our kids could buy was an orange or some bread at Martha's. Two vehicles on the island. Marciano and Nando Trejo. What a great time! Bought our house 28 yrs. ago. No running water or electricity. Now I bitch about having to put the dishes in the dishwasher.

Even in the early 90's we didn't party too hard in town, but still managed to drink a lot. Big Daddy's and "jump up" at the Tackle Box were about it - of course the English soldiers always kept the parties going. Trying to get a taxi after 11 pm?- Good luck...walking home was dark, too.

Five visits to that wonderful place! We went with a group of friends when I retired and returned each February. My husband died in 2008 and I doubt that I return. Our friends are there now... I guess the reason I'm checking the weather and reading the message board. I used to mostly lurk on this board (a lot!)and felt like I knew many of you.

I saw the streets cobblestoned,the bridge and a school built, and Papi's closing during that time. The number of vehicles increased dramatically, too. Each time we visited, I was never ready for it to end.
I'm so glad to have the memories of us in San Pedro.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,013
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.