Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
potis Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Can anyone tell me what the beaches are like at either Banyan Bay Villas or Caribe Island resort. I understand they are both located at or near Mar De Tumbo which is one of the best beaches on the caye. I am looking for a place where swimming and water access is good right off the beach. I don't dive, but love to swim and snorkel. Info. and web sites I have visited don't really show pictures of the beaches at either of these resorts, so it makes me a bit suspicious. Sea walls or beach?
Any opinions welcome on these resorts as well.

thanks

I can tell you about the Beach at Caribe Island. I stayed there in Nov adn the beach was fine. You can swim from the beach, although Snorkeling wouldn't be great, there isn't much to see there, you'd have to go out to the reef.

I don't think snorkeling is good off of any beach on AC. But not to say you can't do it.

Caribe Island has a pier to swim off of and the water is pretty clear all around it. We swam from the pier and enjoyed it.

Hope this helps a little bit.

J
J
Mata Rocks & Tropica Resorts both have pictures of their beaches on their websites.
Just go to lodging at top of board... We are staying at Mata Rocks July 1 so we were convinced .. Talk to Linda at their 800 # on the website.... Good Luck in your search...
John S.

JLS
P
P
We stayed at Banyan Bay March 7-14! It is great! One of the couples with us stayed at Caribe Island, and of the two you mentioned, I would recommend Banyan Bay. The pool at Banyan Bay is really fantastic!

The beach at Banyan Bay is one of the best that we encountered. They clean the sea grass each day and have nice lounge chairs with pads. We would stroll down the beach to Victoria House (very nice also) and back every morning and loved it. But, quite honestly, there is no snorkeling off the beach. We were really glad to have the pool at Banyan Bay after a morning of diving! Just my opinion, for what it's worth, just being on AC is a treat no matter where you stay!!

Have a great time!! Pamela

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 227 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.