Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
On Monday February 15, the cafeteria at the R.C.School will open. The children will be able to have hot breakfasts and lunches as well as snacks. This long awaited day is very exciting to the 900 students and parents. This project has many stops and starts, but the results are worth the wait.In 2009 the San Pedro Social Club gave the calendar Club a donation towards building this facility. The existing shell had to be torn down and built from the ground up, which took up the donation. From that point on we needed donations and volunteers. Katy Eggert and myself Eve Dirnback decided we could carry this project forward. I left for Canada for 6 months and Katy went to the states and while there became extremly ill. When I returned six months later nothing had moved ahead. I then began fundraising and with the help of volunteers and my husband, the generous donation we can now open. From my heart, thank you to each and everyone who listened and gave me moral support as well I truly thank you.In the near future we will have an official opening with special guests. The wonderful people involved deserve to be a part of this as all have made a difference for the children. I helped complete the library at the school as well and have got to know and love the children. These children are so wonderful and need to have a safe and healthy environment.
My next project HOPEFULLY wll be to build a palapa in the school yard 20x30 with tables and seating so that they may be protected from the rain and extreme heat. This will fit in with the cafeteria. It has been my pleasure to have been involved and a part of San Pedro.

With this ptoject of the palapa I will once again be fundraising and hopefully we can make this happen.

/s/ Eve Dirnback

YAY!

I went and saw it and think it is great they finally got a cafeteria there but sad it is so small to accommodate traffic 900 kids. Keep up the good work everyone who is making that happen.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

And "they" said it couldn't be done smile Nice work, people!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
A lot of the kids will still bring in their own lunches. But I would say this is a worthy project to support to anybody that has a few spare dollars. The Holy Cross feeding program is amazing and now the RC school can offer some nutritious meals to kids that can't go home for lunch.

Thanks to Eva and all of the other supporters of this project that have worked tirelessly for over a year. THANKS AGAIN.

S
S
Eva and her husband have contributed mightily and personally to this program..which should have had much better community support.

It is tough to ever achieve ANYTHING charitable in this town. Unfortunately we all have to pick our charities and give wholeheartedly to them - and hope that others will pick up the slack in other areas that are just as needy. It is tough to make the choices at times - but the need is constantly there.

L
L
I read a story hour at the Library each Mon. The children are usually sitting at the picnic tables having lunch when I get there. Have noticed that lunch often consists of a styrofoam container of french fries and ketchup. I'm sure this program will benefit a great many of these kids. Kudos Eva.

R.B. Mernitz

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.