Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bbnx Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am planning a trip to Belize to investigate Real Estate. What is the weather like in late August and early September? I keep hearing rainy season... does this mean all day cold rain or brief Florida type of showers followed by sun and warm...?

Any suggestions on where to stay...?

Thanks!

M
M
In August and September you do run the risk of a hurricane,but we have traveled to the area(Mexican Mayan Riviera and AC) in both months and the weather has been perfect. Hot and humid, but with great breezes.WE were in AC last September and Hurricane Keith roared through 2 weeks after we left.If you miss the tropical storms/hurricanes, the weather is good.

Mary and Scott
M
M
Regarding places to stay..lots of info under lodging...what are you looking for in a hotel? Can you narrow down what you want?

Mary and Scott
B
bbnx Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hope this does not sound too.... "upity" however we would like to find an oceanfront place that offers deluxe accomodations. The $$ don't matter as long as the place is nice enough to survive in in the event that it DOES rain all day and night. Captain Morgans maybe?

Speaking of the "R" word.... If we do experience rain.... is there anything to do in the area... (shopping, drinking, sightseeing...) We are not expecting a Cancun atmosphere, however, not certain what to expect. Already heard alot about bugs (bringing spray) and sea grass (won't be swimming) and rain... so we are starting to ask ourselves questions like......... WHY are we interested in purchasing land there anyway....? Ha!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We just bought a cute little house in AC. Don't know about the weather yet in the fall, but if you want a great real estate person, see Trisha at Southwind. I have her info if you want a preview. She is very knowledgable, and very helpful. (And she will love you if you bring her some beef jerky--you can't buy it there!)
Other than a few shops, there isn't any shopping. So bring a good book, and plan to catch up on your sleep if it rains.

M
M
BBNX...in town, try Ramon's. Never stayed there,but they seem to be more upscale. No, you will not experience Cancun (been there, done that many times!)Once you have been to AC, you will realize why you might want to buy there! We would if we could. You could also stay on the north side and travel into town by water taxi, but if you want to get the "flavor" of AC, stay closer to town, rent a golf cart and GO!!! Just be prepared for a laid back atmosphere,wonderful local folks and tourists(also laid back), and if you don't fall in love with the island,.... well, let us know!

Mary and Scott
M
M
Forgot to mention..bugs were not a problem for us, rained only at night, and as for what to do if it does rain... sit,listen,read,eat,relax,enjoy. Not much shopping,but people watching is great also.

Mary and Scott
You couldn't have picked a better time to check real estate. Weather-wise, September is just about the wettest month of the year, and if you want to check out real estate, that's when you will see it at its worst. If it's not under water then, it should be okay for the rest of the year, notwithstanding a storm of course.

Most real estate people would advise you to come at that time of the year so you will not buy a "pig-in-a-poke" and be unhappy.

You might want to check out Jesse as he is very knowledgable and honest. His web site is: http://www.investinbelize.com/ and you can e-mail him for ideas.

Also, there are some pretty good people at Sunrise Realty. One is Amanda. Sunrise can be found at: //www.ambergriscaye.com/sunrise

If I were going to purchase any real estate anywhere in the Caribbean or Central America, I'd insist on seeing it during the rainy season and preferably in September.

Having said all that, I want to reassure you that Ambergris Caye has a special magic about it, and in my opinion, it's a great place to invest in real estate. You'll begin to feel that magic the minute you step off the plane in San Pedro, and then it will grow on you.

Enjoy your trip and don't forget to slow down and take in everything.

**Jim

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 04-01-2001).]

**Jim

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 165 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.