Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#368934 02/27/10 04:26 AM
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there an asian food/spice store on the island? or do i have to go to belize city?

i dont want to buy cooked food... need a ton of spices and supplies for cooking though smile

first person that finds me the store gets a free meal next time i cook!

thanks!

AC

S
S
You can get basic stuff like Siracha (sp?) and sesame oil at the greenhouse - they sometimes have sushi stuff like ginger, rice and seaweed paper and even the dumplings (frozen).

If they don't have it, you probably do need to make the trip to the city smile

P
P
On the western highway, 1/2 way to Belmopan, there is a Chinese supermarket that has some very exotic foods. It is fun to stock up there

I know you asked for "on island" but you will find the best selection in the city. Go to Food & Beverage for an amazing selection of chinese/thai produce, or Xtra House for indian.

Do you have the name of that store Pam?

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by HOT_Card
I know you asked for "on island" but you will find the best selection in the city. Go to Food & Beverage for an amazing selection of chinese/thai produce, or Xtra House for indian.

how extensive is the selection? there is a LOT of stuff you need for Pho smile

AC

A C Offline OP
OP Offline
the reason i ask, my girlfriend and her cousin (they are both asian) are coming to the island. and she cooks, aLOT so shes trying to figure out what to bring. Maybe just the more hard to get exotics? or everything ya know.

AC

C
C
Could you please give the location/address for "Food and beverage" and "Xtra House"in Belize City ?
Thanks

S
S
Pho is my favorite! Your girlfriend might be better off bringing spices with her (I do this on each trip).

Isn't Pho a vietnamese dish? In my experience (in-laws)it's usually just meat and broth (beef or chicken) over rice noodles (these you can find here) and then jalapenos (sometimes available), siracha (available), bean sprouts (rarely available in my experience) and lime (readily available). She may also use the hot and sour mix, which I have seen in Belize City. Fish sauce I have never seen, but never seek it out either smile

P
P
I do not know that name of the store but if you take a right at the little Chinese community, it is right there on your left. You will see a falling down giant Chinese warehouse and turn there. There is also a sign advertising orchids

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 197 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.