Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jingles Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We have decided are Paradise Villas but are not sure who is the most reliable to make reservations through. We have contacted "Tradewinds Paradise Villas" and Gaz Cooper's DIVE BELIZE. Gaz offers dive packages but I'm not really sure if his packages are much cheaper. Also, can anybody comment on his dive operation in general? Tradewinds can put a tour together on the mainland before we come to AC. Has anybody had any experience with these two companys? Or would you recommend renting at Paradise Villas through someone not named on this message. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

S
S
I just returned.

I did not check our gaz's operation but the resort he operates from looked quite nice.

I did not pre-book any diving because I got a cold a week before we left for Belize. I did 8 local dives and picked the time and days. There are so many dive operations there that getting on a boat is easy. I'm sure pre-booking is more comforting but in case you don'e..relax!

One hint: ask the operator if you can select (have a say) in the dive sites for each dive. The operator I selected (Aqua dives) made sure that no diver went to a site twice. They had great boats and were never crowded. Getting a day trip or night dive might take a few days pre-booking.

Amigos diver operations (boats)were booked but I arranged a night dive the same day.

B
B
jingles-4 of us booked a trip through tradewinds that includes time in the cayo district and time on AC. pkg. includes airfare from miami for us. we had to book our own flight from buffalo,ny to miami. we get picked up at the airport in belize and driven to our jungle lodge [ there are several lodges to choose form] on the way we stop at the belize zoo. also included is horsebackriding in the jungle and a day trip to ruins [ several to choose-we decided to go to Tikal in guatemala] while you're on the mainland everything is included-meals, activities,tours. then you drive back to the airport to get flight to AC and now after being picked up and checked in at paradise villas you're on your own for the rest of your stay. you can also customize by adding more days or not. we're leaving to do this trip on 4/1. will let you know on trip report when we get back how it was.

Jingles, we've stayed at Paradise Villas through Tradewinds for the past two years, with a group of 8. Never had a problem with them, and everything always went like clockwork. The Villas are clean and comfy, and their on-site manager is a sweetheart. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I too booked last years trip through Tradewinds and stayed at Paradise Villas. they were very helpful and accomodating, and we also stayed in the Cayo District for a few days. It was a dream vacation for the whole family and I'm glad we used them. I did not have one complaint. Everything went smooth as silk. I highly recommend them.
Debbie

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.