Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dunk Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Mad Skills...

That's how Alex described Oliver Stuart, our dive master/tour guide/boat captian (of Cari'Bean Tours), as he dove into the blue abyss in search of the weight pouch that had slipped out of my BC during one of my dives. "Oliver has mad skills... He'll find it... if its down there, he will find it," Alex assured me as our boat of 7 divers looked into the water, wondering if Oliver would be successful in his mission. It took him about two minutes to find my weight pouch, even though I had lost it on a dive that had been a free descent/ascent, and had absolutly no idea when or where it had slipped out. In fact, we were already back in town on our surface interval when I finally decided to investigate my BC to find out why my weight had been off kilter during the last dive. Oliver drove back to the dive site to find it.

Recovering my lost weight pouch wasn't the last of Oliver's mad skills that we experienced in our week on San Pedro. We dove with him and his deck mate, Alex, for over a week. They were both very skilled divers and also fun to hang out with. Oliver is a great cook, and we were lucky enough to enjoy his BBQ twice during our trip. Amazing! On our last day, Oliver took us on a tour of his back yard, aka the Caribbean ocean, and it was seriously one of the best days of my life. We went diving, traded some fisherman some rum punch for fresh fish, went snorkling, enjoyed a beach BBQ on a lovely little island, drank our weight in rum punch, met Lobster Man, saw manatees, met the mayor of manatee town (long story), toured to Caye Caulker, and saw the sun set on the Caribbean. What an amazing day!

My recomendations for food on San Pedro: Warigumas, Pinocchio's, El Fogon, Wild Mango's and the little taco stand near El Fogon whose name I can't remember but whose fryjacks I always will. Best pina colada: El Patio. Things to do: dive, dive, dive, go on a beach BBQ with Oliver Stuart, drink lots of rum, tour the art galleries and shops (especially the ones on main street just south of town... "Orange" is way overpriced but the others on that street are awsome), play with the dog named Tequila at Pinoccio's, and last but certainly not least, get a massage and body scrub at the spa located in the Pheonix hotel. Seriously, that scrub was one of my vacation highlights. If you can't visit during Carnival, you should certainly visit during lobster season!

We've been home for a week... I dearly miss San Pedro, and our new friend Oliver. -Sara

Oliver is a great Dive Master and it does not surprise me that he is a good cook. His mother is a well known caterer on the island and is going to be the head chef for a new restaurant upstairs in Fido's. From what I'm to understand it will be called Fusion and will be in the old Sushi spot. Something to watch out for! Sylvia's styles of cuisine can also be savored at the Tranquility Bay Resort restaurant as she helped us redo our menu. Another cool day trip from town!

Cheers,
Carlos

P.S. Keep your weights in their pockets! smile

C
C
Oliver was one of the first people I met in San Pedro. You are right, he does have mad skills!!!! And he happens to be one of the nicest, most genuine people I know. Kudos to Oliver--- and his wife is pretty amazing too!

K
K
Does Cari'bean tours have a webiste? I haven't been able to find one. Sounds like a great company to dive with.

D
dunk Offline OP
OP Offline
D
yes he does have a website.on my computer all i type is cari'bean tours and it pops right up.do it with google

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.