Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#369246 03/02/10 11:45 AM
K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
My family and I will be in San Pedro April 3rd thru the 9th. I pretty much have our day trips planned but am at a loss for the evenings (I will have my 15 YO nephew in tow). I would appreciate any suggestions. Also, I know that San Pedro is predominantly Catholic and wonder if restaurants will be open. Thanks, Kathy

On good friday we don't serve alcohol until 6pm. A few restaurants will be closed (due to the overtime rates over the easter holidays) but you will certainly find many places open - especially the resort restaurants and bars.

S
S
My family will be there that week too. I didn't even think to ask about places being open. Good question Kathy.

Last edited by Soccermedic; 03/02/10 04:28 PM.
K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm really looking forward to taking my family to a place that I love so much. Will my nephew be allowed to drive the golf cart with a licensed driver? He is 15 with a learner's license. Also, we would be interested in knowing any type of evening music or karaoke activities that week. Thanks, Kathy

Last edited by KathyA; 03/02/10 06:25 PM.
C
C
Hey KathyA,
I'm thinking that your nephew will not legally be able to drive, HOWEVER, I do know a certain boarder (SJ) who's much younger daughter drove a golf cart, and there are pictures to prove it.
Have a great trip!!!!

K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks, honey! Please stop by Macon...I'll treat you to some bacon and eggs at the Cracker Barrel.

Last edited by KathyA; 03/02/10 08:35 PM.
C
C
I stop there (CB) every time I pass thru. Next trip probably in July. Let's plan for it. Would love to see you again-- much too brief last time- wasn't it in Fido's?

I was in San Pedro for Easter last year and it was a great time! A few things were closed, but the place was packed and there were so many activies up and down the beach, a very festive place on Easter afternoon! Also, the early morning processionals were an amazing sight, and I am not even Catholic! You will have a wonderful time as it is quite the celebration.

The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish
Jaques Cousteau
I have not heard if they are doing it again (hope so) - last year Eiden and Moose did a fabulous kite making / flying competition on the beach and it was a great Easter event to attend.

http://tacogirl.com/2009/04/easter-funday/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks, Laurie. Please keep me posted on any events during that week if you think about it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.