Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Hey, everyone! Only four more weeks to go, and we can't wait to see AC for the first time! Only one minor problem...

We will be in town May 5-12, and have our choices for accommodations narrowed down to Hotel Del Rio or Ruby's.

What can anyone tell me about either of these? Hubby would prefer staying at Del Rio - looks good on the website (but that doesn't mean too much). Is it a nice place to stay for the money? Basically, all we want is a clean room close to town. We don't plan on spending so much time there, as we plan on doing as much sightseeing as possible within a 7-day span. But we didn't want to stay in a dive, either.

So far, neither place has responded to my email. Is there a better way to get in touch with them?

Should I even worry about having a place reserved ahead of time? How booked are the hotels in May?

So many questions, so little time...

L
llp Offline
L
Check out Lily's, their rooms are reasonably priced and they may have space for those dates, although they're full for April.

D
D
Try the Hideaway.. Just a short walk down the beach south of town.. Clean basic rooms some with a/c.. Pool,Food and Bar.. We have stayed there many times.

I haven't used the Del Rio, but i have stayed at Ruby's (aka Rubies) several times.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and the people are very friendly and accomodating. It's right in town but still comparatively quiet (unless you're in the front on the second floor - the cafe opens at 6AM and _everyone_ seems to drop by to say hi and pick up johnnycakes)

The value for what you pay is quite possibly the best deal on the island for accomodations. It's true they are sometimes a bit tardy in responding to email, but the person who does that is also on this board occasionally and may well see your message. (of course, if she's online she'll probably already have answered it, but never mind...)

cheers
sandy

Me? Tardy? I am up to date...!
Going to my real job now!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.