Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#36990 - 04/02/01 07:28 PM Prime Ministers Visit
Laguna Punta Offline
The Prime Minister Said Musa and his Cabinet came to San Pedro Saturday and participated in the "People's Forum". Also in attendance was the Honorable Patty Arceo, Mayor Nunez, and Mayor Marin of Caye Caulker, as well as many other local public servants. After their various speeches, they opened the Public Forum to questions by the amassed public. After all questions had been answered, the Honorable's left the stage and sat amoungst the People, to enjoy the evenings entertainment. Prior to the entertainment, the Honorable Paisano approached the front and greeted first the Prime Ministers Wife, then the Honorable Prime Minister, then the Honorable Patty Arceo, and on down. The Prime Minister and all the others greeted the Paisano, after which he had a seat next to the Prime Ministers Wife, for a short visit. Being a very busy man, the Paisano then left the People's Forum, destination unknown. My question is, Is this any way to run a Democracy? Where was the Secret Service? This is real Primal Democracy here, folks!
Gone fishing!!

#36991 - 04/02/01 08:16 PM Re: Prime Ministers Visit
Sunkissed Offline
I met the honorable Paisano while on AC last month. My husband & I were sitting out on our porch one evening at Paradise Villas and he wandered through. We said hello so he stopped and chatted with us for a little while. Quite the interesting fellow. I knew it was Paisano without having to ask. He was selling conch shells. Hey Bill, sorry to have missed you while I was there, but I got to meet Tammy and a few others. Maybe next time.

#36992 - 04/02/01 08:24 PM Re: Prime Ministers Visit
Chloe Offline
Thanks Bill, for being our news reporter on the scene, where things are happening.
Glad Honorable Paisano, remembered his manners, what a guy.
Dare To Deviate

#36993 - 04/03/01 10:21 AM Re: Prime Ministers Visit
Debbie Offline
Leave it to Paisano to rise to the occasion. He is to funny for words. Please don't tell me he was wearing a tie.... Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that!!!! My imagination tells me he was informing the Prime Minister's wife that a cot near the beach would be nice.....

#36994 - 04/04/01 04:14 PM Re: Prime Ministers Visit
Laguna Punta Offline
Sorry ya all weren't with me. It wasn't the first time I've seen such a situation on the same podium. Years ago, I attended another political rally. After the speeches. The Honorables invited the first row up to the podium for their public acknowledgement. Followed by second row, ect. After all the audience had been asked up to the podium, one of the Honorables sighted an old man stand out of the light, on the beach. A tired old fisherman. The Honorable walked out to the beach and brought out this old fellow to be publically acknowledged. Tears came to the old fellows eyes. Tears came to my eyes. I knew then I LOVED BELIZE!!
Gone fishing!!

#36995 - 04/04/01 04:28 PM Re: Prime Ministers Visit
Debbie Offline
Bill, that says it all and sums it up. That's why we all love Belize. The people are the best in the world..... It's one of the few places I know where the little guy is just as important and the big guy. As you have just pointed out. Stateside, how many people would know the name of a guy like Paisano. We all know him, care for him and like him.
Glad to see you posting. Haven't heard much from you lately. Do you have that hammock for two fixed up yet? I'm counting on it come June. Don't want to fight you for it. Seems sifting sands is having her opening the week I arrive, so no cart ride with her.... I'll have to find "su casa" by myself. You can email me a map...

#36996 - 04/05/01 02:13 PM Re: Prime Ministers Visit
dphil56 Offline
When we were there in Jan., we had just one Paisano sighting. As we approached his location, he got up, turned towards the building he was set up beside, and promptly relieved himself on the side of the building! We decided to let him be! What a character!!!!!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 46 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.