Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#369901 03/08/10 11:05 AM
OP Offline

My wife and I will be staying at Mata Rocks for a week beginning June 20, then following the lobsters to Lara Beyu in Placencia for another week.

Our typical island vacation day? Up early, with a Bloody Mary for breakfast, during which we'll spend five minutes solving the crisis in the Middle East and an hour sharing our befuddlement that Steven Seagal is a movie star. Then my wife, a sun bunny, will retire to the beach or pool and I'll start scribbling. I'm making notes for a piece I hope to finish on vacation, a political satire with the working title 'My Crazy Uncle and a Monkey Trainer are the Godfathers of Neo-Conservatism'. (maybe I need to shorten that a bit?) If I'm not scribble-worthy that day, I'll partake of a wee dram of the demon rum and join the sun worshippers. Or take a nap.

After my wife is crispy-crittered we'll explore and forage for food. A local non-touristy eatery, perhaps. Or maybe just pick up some local fare and prepare a sumptuous meal at 'home'. Ooops, did I forget about happy hour? Anyhoo, after dinner we'll gaze at the ocean, then engage in a marathon session of Parcheesi. Or sumpin.

Paradise.

Hope to see you there.

~ Scribbler

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.~ Kurt Vonnegut
Wow! That sounds great. I'm a geek, so the political satire piece sounds good as well. Have fun!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
...and he quotes vonnegut. you're in, dude. you will love belize. cool

Scribbler, a beautiful place to scribble, but danger lurks in the blue water, white sand, cool breeze and swaying palm trees, lulling you away from your appointed task. When mixed with One Barrel rum and a ice cold Belikin's she transforms you to another plane.

Enjoy the escape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
OP Offline
Egads! Rum by the barrel? I may never leave.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.~ Kurt Vonnegut
LOL! One Barrel is the local brand of rum... But I do agree with AZBOB that San Pedro will transport you to a place like no other.
Me thinks you might wait to scribble when you get back after the rum soaked, sun scorched brain has a time to get its bearings and realize that you are now back in reality and not some far away land that feels like it's been a dream. Only evidence that you were really there will be the sunburn on your body and the smile on your face that you can't wipe off!

Take the road less traveled
"Drink One Barrel Rum,, you'll only remember the good times."

and yes,, it is available by the barrel. the gift shops have 1 ltr and 2 ltr little wooden kegs of the good stuff. refillable with a little wooden spigot.

egads & spigot LOL i like fun words! laugh

and you don't even drink!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
OP Offline
Yup, me wants one of them there 2 ltr wooden kegs of "the good stuff".

Spigot! And since sweetjane likes fun words, a question . . . how do folks on AC refer to themselves?

ACers?
Amberlanders?
Grislies?
Or dare I suggest . . . Pedrophiles?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.