Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
spsun Offline OP
OP Offline
Several shots rang out breaking the dead of night. According to neighbors in the area, as many as 8 shots were heard coming from the police barracks, situated behind the San Pedro Police Department building.

Reports are still sketchy, since the incident occurred around 3am Thursday, March 18th. What is known is that one officer was transported to the San Pedro Poly Clinic in serious condition. It is alleged that Sergeant Paulino Reyes shot one of the department's Corporals - Corporal Gavin Sanchez. As of 6am, Corporal Sanchez had been confirmed dead by officials close to the investigation.

Read more: The San Pedro Sun

S
S
Police officials will be having a press conference at the San Pedro Police Department today at 2:00 p.m.

Is this Sanchez a tall, black man about mid thirties?

Paradise Gallery & Frame San Pedro, AC

"Custom Framing & Art Gallery featuring local Artisans"
S
S

We also have a Sergeant Sanchez at the San Pedro station - the prosecutor.

Hope Sergeant Reyes is innocent for self defense and this incident does not affect his carrier.

Otherwise it makes no sense, then why was Sergeant Sanchez wearing a Bulletproof West and Operating a Gun while he is off Duty while breaking in Sergeant Reyes Room.

P
P
Nine shots?! In self defence? If it's found that he fired all of them I should think it WILL have a considerable effect on Sgt Reyes career.

Peter - Where did you get 9? I heard 8 all together - some from each man and Sanchez shot first and woke up Reyes. I was married to a Marine and no one could touch him when he was asleep - he would come out fighting. AND all police are trained to shoot to kill. It is amazing that Sanchez died having on a Kevlar vest.

I'm sure we will hear all kinds of distortions to the facts before this is over.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Not amazing really, because he was wearing a vest he was shot in the head. No doubt the reason he was shot in the head is because he was wearing the vest. I believe the other shots were to the legs - so I would guess that after being shot in the legs, he didn't let go of his weapon so more excessive action was required which ended up in the head shots.

This is a very terrible situation for everybody involved, the fallen officer, his wife and children, the soldiers and the police officer that fired the shots, their families, the San Pedro police department and everybody that lives here.

Dr. that did the autopsy reported 9 entry wounds and 7 exit wounds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.