Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Cord Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I was told by my bank that I can use my debit card to get a cash advance from a Belize bank and this would bypass all the fees my bank would charge.

Can I get a cash advance using a US Debit Card?

I was also thinking I could just wire the funds to the Belize Bank, but not sure about that.

The main reason is I plan on staying in Belize for a few months but didnt think it would be a great Idea traveling with a lot of cash.

On my Way!!
You can just use an ATM.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Not sure about US bank accounts, but we (Canadian bank account holders) do pay a service charge for using a debit card to withdraw funds from a Belize bank. Of course, we also pay the conversion rate to exchange the Belize monies to US funds BUT soon it appears that we will get a better rate.. smile
As you say, you don't want to carry around too much cash, so a better option.

C
Cord Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I know about the atm but there is a fee for every atm transaction plus 3%. Not to mention the transaction limit. I was hoping to get a larger figure say, 500 US or 1000 Blz by going into the bank for a cash advance.

On my Way!!
R
R
is there someone that can tell me what it costs per SQUARE FOOT to build in San Pedro ???

Cord check with your bank. I'm with BofA and there is a charge for ATM withdrawal in Belize when i use my card. If you want to establish a Belize bank account, check the banks web sites for requirements: 2 letters of credit, etc.
http://www.belizebank.com/

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
C
Cord Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I did read that about opening an acct in belize. As for the Belize transaction fee I have no problem. Its the US transaction fee of $5 UD and 3% that I dont like.

On my Way!!
bring travelers checks then if you are concerned about bringing too much cash.

Get a Capital One credit card and although there may be an ATM fee they do not charge the ridiculous 3% that most of the others are charging.

Captain One Iron
C
Cord Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Travelers checks are OK at the bank. I read that it takes 6 weeks for them to clear from Belize and no body wanted them.

On my Way!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.