Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
Nobody mentions the price. Here on Caye Caulker there is a substantial market for private homes at modest prices which drops off big time as the price goes up. We rent in an unusual way, often do not advertise and stay full 12 months a year.Our house on CC rents for US$800/ month longterm, but when we are here they move to our house in Maui for the same price.No manager needed.The last couple decided to stay in Maui so we are on the market again. They set the bar high-these were wonderful folks.
We had NO wear and tear. They fixed up the garden in a lovely way.
Renting day rate you will find some not so wonderful clients at times, surely have wear, and the total return can easily be less than the $9K/yr we get.

L
Lauraf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The house I'm building is located in DFC subdivision near San Pedro, it is a waterfront lot with a small beach, and it will eventually have a pool. It is located very close to the marina.

Ideally I think between $200-$350/night (depending on the season) would be a fair asking price as it will be two separate 1200 sq ft units, one with two master suites, and one with three bedrooms.

My hope is to rent it out for about 20% of the year initially, though if that is being to grand I may need to rethink some of my planning...

Last edited by Lauraf; 03/22/10 02:17 PM.
P
P
US$ or Bz$.

L
Lauraf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
USD

Someone is bound to say it sooner or later, so it might as well be me that takes the flack. I'd be very surprised if you can get rates like that in US or BZ dollars for that location.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Hon Offline
May be doable if rented location unseen but I doubt there would be many, if any, return customers considering what is available in that price range, or less, on the reef side.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
we rent a really nice, newer 3 BR, spacious, REEF view beachfront home (walking distance to town but no pool) for around $125-150+ a night. i am mentioning this just for comparison's sake, to give you an idea.

I have seen the Place Jane rents and it is really nice inside and great view / location.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

JZB Offline
lauraf, I don't think you'll get 20% occupancy at that location for that rate. You may want to try lowering your price and renting to longer term visitors (1 or 2 months). For the price you suggested, visitors can stay beachfront within walking distance to town.

G
G
My opinion is not to plan on having any rentals and make your plans accordingly.

Take a ride/walk north of the Bridge and see the number of unoccupied buildings......some of these are rental properties there are few if any lights on during the high season.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.