Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#370773 03/17/10 10:55 AM
OP Offline
I need two used 48 volt batteries - urgently! Send me a private message.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
P
Golf Cart? If so for clarity they're 8 Volt Deep Cycle Batteries (x 6 is 48V Golf Cart) with the others being 6 Volt (x6 is a 36Volt Golf Cart).

OP Offline
Phil - yes - golf cart. I see your math and agree each one would be 8 volt. I've been told it is not advisable to put just two new batteries in and to find used ones if I can.

Harriette
S
S
True...new batteries will "fight" with the old ones and cause premature failure. However if you can't find 2 used then you would be well-advised to replace them all..an expensive move but best in the long term.

What brands are sold and for how much per battery?

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
I have heard same if you have to by new do them all at the same time. May be costly but better in long run over wearing down 2 new ones against 4 older ones.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

P
P
I have also heard it is an urban myth. If one of your old batteries is bad it will denigrate the new ones. What happens is the motor draws a certain load or juice, that in theory a set of six batteries can handle. The faster you go the more it draws up to a maximum. If one is bad or low it sucks more juice from the others to make up for the bad one, and so kills the charge (and the life) of all of them quicker. The other problem is that one bad connection in the many of the loop also draws more juice killing them quicker. Thats why all connections must be tight and they're not if you see the green mould growing on connections.

P
P
Brands. Trojan T105 (from memory ?)are the suppliers choice ie Club Car. There are some slightly cheaper alternatives too. I have a set of Excide brand in mine. They're horribly expensive - over Bz$300 each.

T
T
If you hook an old battery to a new battery and put a volt meter on it , you will see the old battery will draw the power out of the new one . By the end of your test the New battery will have drained to the same voltage as old Battery .
Then take 2 new bats and do the same , you will see the volts stay the same approximately 12.70 volts .. Batteries are expensive ,most people dont know the better the charger the longer your bats will last . It is important not to overcharge or undercharge . Most Cart chargers these days (lestronic )have regulators to prevent this . The Chargers with timers are bat killers . Hope this helps ,if you do test; hook batteries in a bank + to + (positive) and - to - (negative)

Last edited by Tim Callanan; 03/24/10 08:50 AM.
OP Offline
WOW - thanks for all the good information. Are you telling me that I need to change the way I charge? When I come home I plug in and leave it until I leave; which may be days at a time. Is this bad? I seem to go through them way too fast.

Harriette
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.